Ouch, cat claw through eyelid!

(10 Posts)
SayrraT Wed 23-Dec-15 08:51:00

Lying quietly in bed this morning when suddenly I'm woken by the cat jumping up (as usual). This morning he slipped and as he did so he put a claw through my eyelid!

That woke me up properly, blood everywhere! Off to minor injuries clinic now just to get it checked. Missed my actual eye thankfully.

Poor cat is traumatised and went out without breakfast.

Blaaaaaarrrgh! <gags slightly>

You poor thing! Hope they can deal with it at the MIU. Watch out for infections, cats don't have the cleanest claws and it could be dodgy so close to your eye.

cozietoesie Wed 23-Dec-15 09:47:25

Big Owwww.

ophiotaurus Wed 23-Dec-15 10:18:35

shock owww! Hope you get seen to asap.

Knottyknitter Wed 23-Dec-15 10:19:59

You need proper A&E I'd think - cat scratches generally need a dose or two of drip antibiotics

Rollypoly100 Wed 23-Dec-15 19:01:45

Ouch, expect you'll need antibiotics. My finger became infected from a scratch from our girl rescue cat and they had to cut my ring off in MI clinic as my finger became swollen. Hope you feel better soon.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 23-Dec-15 19:52:44

Ouch. What a way to wake up.

SayrraT Wed 23-Dec-15 23:11:19

Not got any antibiotics, they just cleaned it up and said to go back if any problems. It's not sore now and also not as dramatic/impressive as it sounded!

The wee hole on side near nose is the exit and the entry hole is at the corner of the upper eyelid.

chemenger Thu 24-Dec-15 08:46:10

Ouch! Quite a lucky escape, could have been so much worse. I'm sure he is sorry, in his own cat way. Maybe he'll bring you a dead mouse to make up for it!

Oldraver Thu 31-Dec-15 18:39:49

Ouchy...I remember really squeeling when Ernie cat got his claw hooked inside my nose. I think I frightened him with my owwing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now