Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to keep them in for 2 weeks?

(8 Posts)
LMGTFY Tue 22-Dec-15 14:37:57

We've just moved and our boy is going stir crazy in the house, to the point of being a pest (4am party anyone?), he has always been a very outdoorsy cat. Our girl isn't bothered (now she's stopped sulking about being moved!). Do I really need to keep him on for 2 whole weeks?

Rpj16 Tue 22-Dec-15 14:46:21

I'm in same position. I'm keeping her in even tho she wants to go out until after Xmas and new year. She is desperate to go out, but i cant handle her getting lost around Xmas time as I will worry and also the weather is horrendous and she will only bring in mud and wet feet. Can you get a plug in feliway?

thecatneuterer Tue 22-Dec-15 14:50:12

We recommend three weeks. I think two weeks is the absolute minimum. I'm sure you can both handle it if you try.

LMGTFY Tue 22-Dec-15 14:52:41

We can, I just need to find where I have packed my ear plugs! Just feels so cruel to him! I'll buy them some new toys for now.

bumblebeerat Tue 22-Dec-15 14:52:45

Our cat got out before two weeks year's ago and sadly we never found her. So I would definitely stick to it or longer if you can.

Artandco Tue 22-Dec-15 14:53:06

I would. He needs to have full knowledge and scent of the new house to be able to find his way back. I would wait until the new year when you can go out with them the first few times also

LMGTFY Tue 22-Dec-15 15:58:05

Thank you, it's the first time we've moved with them, if I can get tidy they might be more chilled!

Rpj16 Thu 24-Dec-15 17:25:53

Just an update, I've let mine out now (3 days before 2 weeks) and shes been fine, coming back in on her own etc. We are in the countryside tho away from busy roads... Hope you get on ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now