loader

Talk

Advanced search

our cat got killed by a car today

(7 Posts)
ArriettyClockAgain Sat 19-Dec-15 23:11:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cirsium Sat 19-Dec-15 23:18:15

So sorry you have lost your cat this way. One of my mum's cats was killed on the road. It is a horrible thing. Glad you are able to have the closure oF knowing what has happened though. Not much advice re burial, although we did always bury family pets in a wooded area of our garden. We had our last dog cremated when she died a couple of years ago. It cost about £150 I think and we received the ashes in a nice wooden box with her name on a plaque. They sit with some photos and a favourite toy of hers on a shelf in our living room. The vet should be able to give you details of a pet crematorium.

CakeMountain Sat 19-Dec-15 23:21:46

So sorry sad. Especially horrible so close to Christmas.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 19-Dec-15 23:33:23

I'm so sorry, it's a terrible thing to happen.

timtam23 Sun 20-Dec-15 11:20:26

Sorry to hear about your little cat flowers
When my 2 cats died I had them cremated individually and I have their ashes in little wooden caskets. I only have a back yard which is completely paved so I couldn't have buried them and I also can't scatter their ashes under a plant in the garden which is another thing I would have liked to do if I had a proper garden. I don't have the caskets on display but I like knowing that they are there. I think it was around £150 for the cremation + casket (would have been cheaper if planning to scatter the ashes as they then come in a cardboard casket, not wooden)

camptownraces Sun 20-Dec-15 13:34:11

So sad.

My sister's cat was killed in exactly the same way.

They buried him in their garden.

A week later his body was dug up and mauled, presumably by foxes.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 20-Dec-15 13:38:29

So very sorry sad

how kind those people who took him to the vets were

poor baby. sweet dreams precious kitten

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now