Talk

Advanced search

Wondering about breed.

(16 Posts)
wevecomeonholidaybymistake Sat 19-Dec-15 20:30:30

Dkitten is now 8 months old. We got him from a rescue and he was just down as a domestic short hair.

Now he's a bit bigger he's much more fluffy on his belly and round his neck. He also has tufts coming out his ears and tufts of hair between his toes. His tail is ridiculously long and fluffy.

We're speculating about his breed. He's the strangest cat I've ever known. He's latched on to me and is almost like a dog, following me around and talks to me all the time. He's the most affectionate cat going.

Any idea what he could have in him?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 19-Dec-15 20:39:32

We need photos, lots and lots of photos grin

Bogburglar99 Sat 19-Dec-15 20:42:09

How big is he? And how fluffy? photos

The tail and the temperament sound a bit like Bogbastardkitten who is a Siberian, but they are a bloody big breed so if he's half that you would likely have noticed! BBK is absolutely like a dog, he loves his humans and will play fetch with you smile

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Sat 19-Dec-15 21:08:01

Here's a couple of pics.

Bogburglar99 Sat 19-Dec-15 21:13:33

What a handsome fellow. He does look a bit Siberian-y. BBK has a tail like that, like an animated and very friendly bog brush. He's quite a decent sized cat for 8 months too?

I can't find a picture of BBKs tail but here is a generic Siberian pic showing tail. They don't come in black and white but maybe a parent or grandparent who got out?

Bogburglar99 Sat 19-Dec-15 21:14:03

Oops - photo smile

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Sat 19-Dec-15 21:18:07

Yes he's a big lad. Huge paws. His tail is just like a big brush.

We really don't class him as a short hair.

DH has had cats all his life and has never known one follow one person around like he does, I can't shower or go to the loo without him sitting with me.

Floralnomad Sat 19-Dec-15 21:21:18

My mum has a tufty toe Ragdoll and he's dog like ( even down to taking the odd chunk out of my mum on occasion ) , the feet look very similar .

PolterGoose Sat 19-Dec-15 22:18:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 20-Dec-15 09:18:08

Maybe he has a bit of Maine Coon in him - they are huge with magnificent tails.

timtam23 Sun 20-Dec-15 13:39:37

Look at his tufty toes!! grin
He looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous. No idea about his breed but he does look special. My old girl cat was also a rescue kitten and was "domestic longhair" all of her life, however she was a very large cat with quite Maine Coone-y features so I always wondered if she had some MC background.

IBelieveInPink Sun 20-Dec-15 13:55:59

He does look rather like a Maine coon, maybe crossed with shorthair? Ihave a MC who acts exactly as you say!

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Sun 20-Dec-15 15:16:08

He is absolutely gorgeous. I've never had such a bond with an animal before.
I was thinking MC may be in there somewhere with him.
Whatever he is though he's just perfect.

shutupandshop Sun 20-Dec-15 15:24:18

I don't know. He has beautiful, unusual face. Love his fluffy toes

Whoknewitcouldbeso Sun 20-Dec-15 15:29:53

We have a total fluffball part feral cat who cannot have pedigree in him as he was from feral farm cats. So it is possible for your average cat to just have a big bushy tail and hairy pads. We also have a Ragdoll and a part Maine Coone cross.

If I was going to guess at any breed I would say Norwegian Forest.

StillMedusa Tue 22-Dec-15 23:47:36

He doesn't have a Maine Coon face.... but I reckon he has the tail smile and by the sounds of it, the personality (though one of mine is sweet and the other is an arse of a cat!)
Gorgeous boy you have there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now