Talk

Advanced search

Small cat got killed today, am feeling very sad. *QUITE GRAPHIC - SORRY*

(8 Posts)
HoundoftheBaskervilles Sat 19-Dec-15 18:23:15

One of my cats Small (aka Mindy) was reversed over by the next-door neighbour today, it was pretty horrible, the neighbour ran to get me and she was twitching in a pool of blood with her eyeball hanging out.

She was DD's cat (luckily DD was out when it happened).

I just feel very sad, she was such a lovely and sweet natured little cat, always happy to have a snuggle on the sofa.

We just have her big fat git of a brother now (why do only the good die young?)

DD wants to bury her with the Christmas stocking we bought her, which is making me feel very weepy.

Doublebubblebubble Sat 19-Dec-15 18:28:53

That's a nice idea. How old is your DD she sounds very mature. Almost the exact same thing happened to my dads cat and I, at 25, was in floods of tears for about 2 days when he told me. Your poor neighbour also. Hope you're all ok x

HoundoftheBaskervilles Sat 19-Dec-15 18:34:01

DD is seven, she has SN so I was expecting her to take it extremely badly, but though very upset, she's better than I expected.

The neighbour was distraught, she was all dressed up for a Christmas lunch, I gave her a big hug and told her it absolutely WASN'T her fault and to go and have a stiff drink.

We ran a dog over once that leapt out of a van window travelling in the opposite direction and straight under out front wheels, I was traumatised for weeks afterwards so I understood completely how she felt. Have popped a card over to say for her not to worry and that we in NO way blame her, accidents happen (especially with cats and cars).

Pipestheghost Sat 19-Dec-15 18:51:34

flowers I'm very sorry. This happened to one of my cats recently, it's so distressing.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 19-Dec-15 19:06:01

How awful for you all though. It's horrible to see them like that.

puddingbrains Sat 19-Dec-15 19:13:02

You sound like a lovely neighbour op, lots of others would be looking for someone to blame. I'm sorry for you and your dds loss flowers

PolterGoose Sat 19-Dec-15 22:17:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kreeshsheesh Sat 19-Dec-15 22:21:59

I'm sorry for your loss. We lost our cat Lexy in the summer to a horrible accident. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now