Cat has a bald spot (& possibly fleas)

(9 Posts)
Katymac Mon 14-Dec-15 15:20:06

He doesn't get fleas much as he is mainly an inside cat (by choice) but he went for a walk and when we de-flea'ed him he still 'chased' the fleas around his back/leg/tail & chewed himself. So we re-de-flea'ed again 2 weeks later with a different potion

But he has developed a bald patch by his ear

So what do I do?

He is still chasing the flea around his back legs/tail

gamerchick Mon 14-Dec-15 15:21:20

Take him to the vet for a check up and buy the pescription stuff.

Katymac Mon 14-Dec-15 15:24:25

The first lot was the prescription stuff - the new frontline (can't remember what it's called)

gamerchick Mon 14-Dec-15 16:32:38

If he's uncomfortable and getting baldy bits then he really needs a check up just in case he has an allergy and you'll need to treat your house so they'll advise.

Katymac Mon 14-Dec-15 16:55:07

Poop!

& I haven't been bitten once - that's a first!! Normally it's me first before the cat!!

gamerchick Mon 14-Dec-15 16:57:34

Well you may not get bitten if the animals available but if they're on the cat then they're laying all over the house. Gives me the horrors thinking about it grin

Katymac Mon 14-Dec-15 17:50:02

Me too!!

TheBunnyOfDoom Tue 15-Dec-15 05:09:52

Sounds like he could have a flea allergy. Girl cat has one and its awful for her - you need to treat with a flea medicine that contains fipronil and wash all the bedding/soft furnishings if that's the case.

Unpleasant but treatable with the right care!

Katymac Mon 11-Jan-16 20:16:56

The week before Christmas it stopped (I treated with advantage)

No sign of any more at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now