Talk

Advanced search

Advice Pls: Cat Just Ate Ribbon

(9 Posts)
MrsCocoa Sun 13-Dec-15 20:51:14

Hello All - would really appreciate your advice: DS (age 6) reports our little cat just ate a length of ribbon (approx 0.5cm x 15cm).

Really worried about obstruction...not sure what to do?

msrisotto Sun 13-Dec-15 20:54:13

15 cm?? That could get tangled up inside her. Sorry, don't want to worry you, but i'd be thinking of taking her to the vet.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 13-Dec-15 21:05:05

Monitor and vets at first sign of illness. They wont want to open her up unless needed.

Ours has eaten string off the roast with no ill effects.

villainousbroodmare Sun 13-Dec-15 21:11:50

Call the vets right now, and keep her where you can see her in case she pukes it back up. I'd be letting the hospital do the monitoring or at least let them decide.

MrsCocoa Sun 13-Dec-15 21:38:27

Thanks All. DS now says he didn't see her swallow it but she already had almost all of it in her mouth when he went to get me. No sign of it anywhere - finger tip search conducted, but we do have gappy floor boards. ..

MrsCocoa Sun 13-Dec-15 23:25:06

Update: have spoken to the vet. Because she's doing OK so far, and there is an element of uncertainty, I'm monitoring her at home overnight. Option to have endoscopy tomorrow.

msrisotto Mon 14-Dec-15 07:06:13

Good call

villainousbroodmare Mon 14-Dec-15 19:24:28

Good stuff, hope all well.

MrsCocoa Mon 14-Dec-15 22:21:46

Thank you - so far she's fine. We're stuffing her full of oily fish at the Vet's suggestion. Bit nerve wracking though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now