Talk

Advanced search

Roving Cat

(6 Posts)
KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 11-Dec-15 23:08:06

Can anyone offer any advice . Our cat is still young , 7 months and was a rescue cat. He's very friendly and will follow people home. As a result he goes missing a lot. We will get a phone call that he's at someone's house or sometimes he pops round to a neighbours. He's neutered but he's going a fairly long way now and can't seem to find his way home. We have tried keeping him in but he shoots out of the door as fast as he can . Any tips to help him find home or to stop him crossing his boundary ?

thecatneuterer Sat 12-Dec-15 14:49:44

the only thing you can do really is to cat-proof your garden with something like Protect-a-puss. It's not always possible though, depending on your layout, and can be very expensive.

I have no other bright ideas I'm afraid.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 12-Dec-15 22:13:43

He's been in an NHS workman's van sharing sandwiches , to the pub, shop , a mechanics' workshop as well as numerous houses. Have never met so many people I live near to grin.

hiddenhome2 Sat 12-Dec-15 22:53:10

We have protect-a-puss. You can fit it yourself. We paid about £300 for a small/medium garden.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 12-Dec-15 22:57:34

Thanks , we are actually redoing our fence on one side anyway so will take a look !

hiddenhome2 Sat 12-Dec-15 23:22:02

It's well worth it. I've had no escapes since it was installed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now