Talk

Advanced search

Sneezing old boy

(11 Posts)
Geepee71 Tue 08-Dec-15 19:57:22

I'm worried about my boy cat, he's about 14 and has been sneezing on and off for a few days. He had a sticky eye this morning, which was sorted with water. I've kept him in and he's drinking water and eating ok, but should I get him to vets or just keep him in and keep an eye on him?
I've had flowers in house so wonder if he might be allergic (don't normally have flowers), but I have been ill and have had about 5 bouquets.

gottachangethename1 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:06:51

Watching this with interest. My 12 year old female tabby has exactly the same, but spluttering a bit now too. Have phoned vet who said it sounds like cat flu, so she's going to be seen tomorrow. Vet said there's a lot of it around at the moment.

Geepee71 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:10:40

Can you give an update Gotta after you've been to see the vet? Cheers

Wolfiefan Tue 08-Dec-15 20:14:25

What are the flowers?
Has she had all vaccs?

potap123 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:15:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Geepee71 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:17:54

I've had a mixture, but lilies (up high so they can't get near them) and really strong smelling......
Vacs are all up to date, he's usually pretty healthy.

gottachangethename1 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:19:40

Will let you know Geepee. In the meantime vet suggested getting them into a steamy room (leave hot shower running) helps with the congestion apparently!

Geepee71 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:52:22

Will get him in the bathroom with me when I have a shower in the morning,Gotta.

gottachangethename1 Wed 09-Dec-15 19:27:41

Just to update you Geepee. The vet said my cat had a cold, gave her a sachet of granules which I have to give as a pinch over her food once per day for 7 days. Wasn't concerned greatly & said it will pass eventually. Sadly the vet did pick up on some rotten teeth at the back of her mouth which will need taking out. Hope you old boy is bit better today?

Geepee71 Wed 09-Dec-15 22:01:54

Thanks Gotta, was wondering how you got on. My boy seems better, he's been eating lots, sleeping lots and sneezing much less. Will see how he is in the morning, but any sneeze or eye gunk and I'll get him to the vet tomorrow. I got rid of the flowers just in case too!
Eek about your girl and her impending dental treatment.

Geepee71 Thu 10-Dec-15 10:55:44

He seems fine this morning, no sleep filled / gunky eye and no sneezing, so fingers crossed. He's currently snoozing in the bed looking adorable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now