missing kitten

(7 Posts)
elliejjtiny Sun 06-Dec-15 23:05:37

He's 5 months old and never been out before but mil in her wisdom decided to open the kitchen window and he climbed out. We live next to a field/ditch and we heard him meowing outside so we went out with his food bowl and searched. We kept hearing him and then he stopped. There is a tunnel that the ditch goes into under the main road andinto another ditch going through a business park so we think he's gone into the tunnel. Kids are going to be devastated when they wake up tomorrow. Any ideas on how to find him? He's not got a collar or a microchip, we were going to do that before we let him go outside sad.

cozietoesie Mon 07-Dec-15 00:31:19

Oh poor you. You must be in a right state.

I'd personally wait until daylight now and probably call in the RSPCA or equivalent if you can find him and he's stuck. How are water levels roundabout?

elliejjtiny Mon 07-Dec-15 10:45:15

Thankyou. DH is out looking for him again and I've done a poster to put up in the softplay place in the business park.

elliejjtiny Mon 07-Dec-15 15:19:15

He's back! DH searched for ages and then finally found him in the ditch, where he'd been looking last night. He's had lots of cuddles, some cat food and he's curled up in his favourite spot.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:21:42

Thank heavens for that. Poor boy must have been very frightened.

FruVikingessOla Mon 07-Dec-15 17:04:51

Glad he's back OK.

He looks just like our DozyFruCat (who is about 6 or 7 yo - adult adoptee to us). DFC is still dozy!!

cozietoesie Tue 08-Dec-15 11:03:08

Great stuff!

Has his appointment at the vets been booked? If he's a potential roamer it might be as well to have everything done sharpish - and he's of an age for it.

I'm very pleased for you all. smile Has MIL been made to swear blood oaths on the subject ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now