Talk

Advanced search

Flea and worming treatment

(6 Posts)
stace1986 Sun 06-Dec-15 21:56:30

We are currently using advocate from the vet for our kitten every 4 weeks, she is due one more treatment before she is 6 months and then we will either need to buy more advocate or change to something different. I know once she is 6 months old she won't need doing every four weeks but was just wanting to know what other treatments people use or would recommend. The advocate stinks and she really doesn't like it being put on (currently sulking refusing to acknowledge our existence!)

TIA

stace1986 Mon 07-Dec-15 14:21:46

Anyone?

MyBeloved Mon 14-Dec-15 14:26:13

Sorry but it's the only one I'd ever use, backed up by profender spot on every 3 months for tape worm.

gamerchick Mon 14-Dec-15 14:30:08

Who told you you don't have to do it every month from 6 months?

You need to treat them every 4 weeks if they're going outdoors for the rest of their lives if you want to avoid a flea problem in the house.

MyBeloved Mon 14-Dec-15 14:59:09

Yes agree with gamerchick. You definitely need to use flea treatment every 4 weeks else you will have a flea problem. Please don't use anything other than prescription only from your vets.

stace1986 Mon 14-Dec-15 20:18:40

I was told it was 3 monthly after 6 months but can't remember who said it, is that not right then? Will just stick with the advocate I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now