Talk

Advanced search

Help lump on cat's neck

(10 Posts)
maybebabybee Sat 05-Dec-15 21:57:39

Was just stroking my cat and noticed a tiny lump on her neck. It's not causing her pain, not red, not itchy. Feels like its under the skin. Very, very small - maybe a quarter of a centimetre.

She is two years old, indoor cat, spayed, perfectly healthy, not off her food etc etc.

I will take her to the vet of course but am panicking. Any words of wisdom?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 05-Dec-15 22:11:07

It's probably something very simple and benign, worrying wont help either of you.

Wolpertinger Sat 05-Dec-15 22:12:13

Does it wobble and move with the skin? Bit squishy rather than hard? - makes it v likely to be a cyst.

If she is perfectly healthy then it's likely to be nothing but it's so hard not to worry. One of mine had a lump removed which turned out to be a cyst but I just felt we had to know for certain what it was. I turned into a giant stress ball while it was happening.

maybebabybee Sat 05-Dec-15 22:12:35

It's so tiny I keep losing it!

maybebabybee Sat 05-Dec-15 22:13:04

Yes its definitely soft and mobile....

Wolpertinger Sat 05-Dec-15 22:21:10

Very very likely to be a harmless cyst then smile

Warning signs would be being hard, painful, red and fixed to underlying tissue. It's none of those smile

Puzzledandpissedoff Sat 05-Dec-15 22:54:21

Has she had any jabs recently? Mine both got lumps/swelling afterwards and I was told it's perfectly normal and goes away in a few weeks

maybebabybee Sat 05-Dec-15 23:21:51

No no jabs since her boosters in July.

ophiotaurus Sat 05-Dec-15 23:40:20

Is she chipped? I can feel the chip on dcat's neck.

maybebabybee Sat 05-Dec-15 23:41:39

She is chipped actually - you're right it might be that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now