Talk

Advanced search

What's everyone getting their cats for Christmas?

(60 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Sat 05-Dec-15 20:38:41

JML are tempting me with that arch brush thing but not sure Sparklingcat would be thrilled.

What to get the cat that doesn't need anything? grin

cozietoesie Sat 05-Dec-15 21:49:50

The cat that doesn't need anything could in fact be extended here to 'the cat that doesn't want anything.'

I am bereft of ideas. sad

Geepee71 Sat 05-Dec-15 21:55:50

Gourmet cat food for dinner, Turkey Dreamies and a couple of boxes of Felix treats which contain 3 packs of treats and a mouse toy.
And maybe something else if I see so ridiculous cat Christmas tat blush

MrsBertMacklin Sat 05-Dec-15 21:58:57

Might get a new toy for her flying frenzy.

Sparklingbrook Sat 05-Dec-15 22:05:36

We usually drag the artificial tree down every year but DS1 has asked to get a real one this year. That's a great present for her, the garden coming into the house.

I might get Dreamies for her stocking, and a bag of catnip.

That brush arch thing is calling me though.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sat 05-Dec-15 22:09:34

OldBoy is having a new blanket for his bed by the radiator, and a box of Applaws. He'll also get some Turkey, a pig in a blanket and a splash of gravy 😸

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 05-Dec-15 22:10:01

Mine's going in a cattery for 5 days. He gets to watch horses being groomed, peacocks strutting and gun dogs doing as their told.

They always seem to put him near a siamese which means he sounds siamese when he comes home, they just sound cooler than a bengal voice.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and my god don't we hear all about when he gets back.

BrennieGirl Sat 05-Dec-15 22:10:54

A sense of humour.

patterkiller Sat 05-Dec-15 22:12:15

My cats are Buddhist therefor do not partake.

potap123 Sat 05-Dec-15 22:14:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChubbyKitty Sat 05-Dec-15 22:17:44

A nice new cat tree because there's two of them now and dh accidentally leaned on the other one and broke it, and 21 sparkle balls. 21!!! For £1.99, bargain. They're Little Kittys favourite and she hides them in dh's shoes so it's going to be fun seeing him empty them all out every night grin

iwantanewcar Sat 05-Dec-15 22:19:50

Tennis balls! The Siamese adore kicking the crap out of them so if that makes their Christmas so be it smile Better than them hibernating all winter!!

VulcanWoman Sat 05-Dec-15 22:28:27

My cat is getting a tin of tuna. I saw a cat advent calendar for £3, my sons was only £1, I might get it if it's in the sale.

gingerboy1912 Sun 06-Dec-15 10:02:17

Our boy will be getting the privilege of still living at home with us after shredding the shower curtain, covering our beds in muddy footprints, clawing at every carpet in every doorway and attempting to get to the floorboards, biting a gap in the blinds so he can sit in my ds window to watch the birds, ripping any packet of bread that he can get his hands on, and constantly wanting to sleep and groom himself in the airing cupboard where I keep the bath towels so that when I dry myself with one I end up covered in cat hairangryangry

I luvvs him really!

ZebraOwl Wed 09-Dec-15 00:05:17

Mine are getting a new bed (http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_beds_baskets/cat_dens/cat_dens/247284) - that I somehow keep forgetting about despite the fact it's been clarting up the understairs cupboard for MONTHS since I got in in a sale - & a selection of toys. I shall spritz some of their current toys with valerian for them too. They don't have the gene for catnip, but valerian sends them into paroxysm of joy...

They will be having turkey & pheasant with cranberry sauce (http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/pet_supplies_specials/christmas_market_2014/christmas_cat_food/525590) for their meals - wetfood twice a day is A Big Treat, reserved for High Days & Holidays. They also have a chicken "fillet" (http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_treats_catnip/cat_fish_treats/natural_treats/533936) each as a treat & might manage to get some cheese treats (http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_treats_catnip/tigeria_cat_snacks/tigeria_original/247225) as well if Santa Paws thinks they've been good enough. Oh & a wee drink of catmilk is probably on the cards as well...

coffeeisnectar Wed 09-Dec-15 00:18:06

We looked at the brush arch thing too but fear it will join the various other cat things which are ignored in favour of sofas, work tops (sitting and sleeping), dds clothes and rug (scratching) and cables (playing).

Teen has bought all the cats New toys which will be either ignored or destroyed and we have bought some cat nip and dreamies. They will get Turkey and gravy for dinner on Xmas day.

susurration Mon 14-Dec-15 14:03:03

Suscat is getting a cape and bow to go on her collar (these are for me really, but I'll tell her they are for her... To make her more spiffing...) some whiskas stick treats and some dreamies. She has so many toys already. She'll be having a bit of duck for her dinner.

timtam23 Mon 14-Dec-15 16:50:58

Some Dreamies I think. He doesn't react much to catnip and he's scared of the new Flying Frenzy so there aren't many toys he'd like. I bought a forage toy thing and he ignored it so I think I'd be wasting money. I might try a heated cat bed as he spends a lot of time asleep on my bed with his muddy paws.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 14-Dec-15 16:57:37

H is getting a catnip cigar, a catnip candy cane, a new bowl and a new scratching post. He's also getting a few tins of tuna from my Mum. I might have to take a look at the arch, although it will probably be as popular as the tunnel, igloo (well ok, he was too big for it so that was my fault!) and the water fountain!

SoupDragon Mon 14-Dec-15 16:59:27

I might let FatCat have 40g of dry food a day along with his pouch instead of 30g wink

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 14-Dec-15 17:03:02

Well I've just ordered the arch from Amazon - I'll report back after Christmas!

AnotherEmma Mon 14-Dec-15 17:06:13

We don't usually get Christmas presents for our cats but I've been thinking about getting one of those cat beds you can hook over the radiator for a while, so I could get it for Chistmas... Anyone got one? Does your cat like it?

AnotherEmma Mon 14-Dec-15 17:07:15

No food treats as girl cat is overweight and we already have enough trouble stopping her from eating boy cat's food!

Sparklingbrook Mon 14-Dec-15 17:27:52

The cat arch is still calling me. But i just don't know. <dithers>

msrisotto Mon 14-Dec-15 17:32:02

My cat has the radiator bed and loves it. She's very particular about new toys and beds but this was a hit straight away.

I haven't got the cat anything. She usually throws it back in my face anyway - exhibit 1. a box of 24 Bozita, very high meat content wet food. Snubbed. I may have put a butterfly toy thing on my wishlist though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now