Talk

Advanced search

Midnight visitor

(10 Posts)
chemenger Thu 03-Dec-15 08:49:10

I was lying in bed last night just about to put the light off and go to sleep when little boy cat came in to the bedroom making a bit of noise. Crucially, I didn't look at him and he hopped on the bed. Normally he would immediately fling himself in my face for nose rubs, especially if he is soaking wet, as he often is. This time he held back and sat on the other side...I looked at him, he looked as though he was waiting for something...I felt movement in the bed...he had tucked a live mouse under the duvet. Sometimes its hard to remember why you love them.

ZebraOwl Thu 03-Dec-15 09:51:16

Reason #7 I'm glad my cats decided they're Indoor Cats. <shudders>

But he loves you so SO much, bringing you this lovely gift & being so patient with you about it, how could your love for him falter even slightly? wink

Hope the demousing went ok...

shutupandshop Thu 03-Dec-15 09:55:50

Thats so sweet not he loves you loads.

Sparklingbrook Thu 03-Dec-15 09:56:57

Aww. An early Christmas present. fsmile

chemenger Thu 03-Dec-15 10:25:53

I jumped out of bed (obviously) and the mouse followed me, leaping off the bed, bouncing off my leg and heading under the bed. I left them to sort things out between them but I imagine the cat lost interest and went for something to eat. I don't know where the mouse is now, so either it will emerge tonight and get caught and returned to the wild or in about a week that distinctive smell will appear because it has died under the sofa or behind a bookcase.

cozietoesie Thu 03-Dec-15 10:29:56

Little show-off! smile (Or he wanted to play in the warm and dry!)

I'd be waiting for the sardine smell I think - although it might escape back to the garden. Might.

grin

ZebraOwl Thu 03-Dec-15 11:25:20

Oh dear... Well I suppose it could all have gone much worse... Good luck!

eddiemairswife Thu 03-Dec-15 11:38:31

I always know that " I've brought in something feathery/furry/live/half-dead/dead noise".

LocalEditorEssex Thu 03-Dec-15 11:44:20

My fluffy cat did something similar last week, I was in the outside utility room and she came up meowing as usual, so I didn't look at her.
Crucial part I was wearing flip flops
She came up to my feet and dropped a dead rat on my toes shock

I shouted swore so she took her pet dead rat outside and sat watching it for a while.

MrsBertMacklin Thu 03-Dec-15 12:25:04

BertCat wasn't happy about men being in my flat this morning doing repairs.

She normally goes to the toilet in the evening, but decided that she would do a dirty protest against their presence.

Used the litter tray in the bathroom while one man was trapped up a ladder in there, changing the light fitting. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now