Talk

Advanced search

How much Butcher's a day?

(4 Posts)
longdiling Wed 02-Dec-15 22:21:00

I'm still struggling to get my fat cat's weight down sad. I've successfully got her onto Butcher's cat food and the tin says 3/4 of a tin a day but I'm presuming that is for unneutered cats and therefore she needs less? Say 1/2 a tin a day?

Thanks!

McSnuff Wed 02-Dec-15 23:19:08

Our cat has half a tin per day - a quarter in the morning and a quarter at night - we top up with a few gluten-free biscuits if the last portion looks a bit small. He's 13 years old and sleeps a lot, but is a nice weight, not skinny.

Cat food manufacturers do seem to exaggerate the amount you need in the blurb on their tins.

longdiling Thu 03-Dec-15 21:59:01

Thanks McSnuff. That's all she had yesterday and so far today too. She is NOT impressed!! Hopefully it will do the trick though. I'd love her to reach the ripe old age of 13 smile

isseywithcats Mon 07-Dec-15 22:38:10

mine are on butchers and they get 1/4 of a tin each in the morning and 1/2 a mug of biscuits in the afternoon and range in wheight from 3kgs to 6kgs and all normal wheight for their own sizes (two are big cats , two are dainty cats)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now