Talk

Advanced search

How can I stop our new cat bringing in WORMS every time it rains?

(6 Posts)
CharleyDavidson Wed 02-Dec-15 22:04:06

Or he just finds one in the garden.

He brings them in, plays with them, biting them, and they throw off a shitload of slime as a defence mechanism.

They are easier to catch than anything our old cat would have brought in, but that means they are an easy catch for him too and he's brought in about 10 this last week already.

Urgh!

cozietoesie Wed 02-Dec-15 23:37:50

What time of day is he catching them?

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 03-Dec-15 07:40:09

He has not yet graduated to vermin and is building his skills with worms.

midnightmoomoo Thu 03-Dec-15 16:09:45

My girls used to bring in worms when they were kittens, they were also partial to rubber bands and cotton buds!

Alice then got the hang of catching birds and mice but Molly......well, she's nearly 17 and and is still catching rubber bands! So it might be kitten learning process, or you might just have a rubbish hunter on your hands!

CharleyDavidson Thu 03-Dec-15 18:32:19

He brings them in during the evening. DH thinks it's so he can see them better when he's playing with them.

I hope he doesn't bring in vermin. I've had a mouse up my trouser leg due to our previous cat doing that - not something I want to repeat in a hurry.

If he's a rubbish hunter, that'll do. At least worms can't scurry off somewhere, or leave a cloud of feathers behind - and they don't cry like a captured frog!

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Thu 03-Dec-15 18:37:30

Mine bring in worms when it's raining and dark too. Nothing else, just worms, so it could be worse. We lock them in at night, so it's only in the early evening when we're around, not during the night. I think shutting them in is all you can do. They love cotton buds too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now