Talk

Advanced search

I saw an ad for homes for abandoned kittens on pet shop door!

(4 Posts)
Pangurban1 Sun 29-Nov-15 15:26:18

Just that. I was on my way to a bakery and on the way stopped to look at the small ads placed on the door of a pet shop. People looking for missing pets, ads for pets to purchase etc.

There was a piece of paper stating that the writer had 3 kittens, roughly 10 weeks old, which had been abandoned outside and they were looking for homes. They are not charging anything from them, but I presume they will need all their shots and neutering.

I haven't rang the phone number, but am very tempted ring and find out if any are left. I would find it difficult to choose if all three were still there. Or if two were left and I had to leave one. It may be moot as they may all be rehomed by now.

I would have to clear out a back room we use for storage to give them a good clear space and accommodate their litter etc.

I did think the writer may just not have neutered her cat, but these bods need a home either which way.

I don't have a photo! One grey/white splurges and two tabby. Sex not known by advertiser. Maybe they haven't seen a vet yet.

I know there are many animals in animal shelters ready for rehoming and I donate to one already. It is just that this caught my eye.

My own cat had to be put down because of cancer.

Palomb Sun 29-Nov-15 15:28:26

You will be giving a kitten a home whether you get it from an advert, a friend, some random person on Facebook or a rescue centre.

As long as your not paying for it then I don't see that it really makes a jot of difference.

trudgingalong Sun 29-Nov-15 15:29:19

Well, kittens will be snatched up. Personally I'll never have another kitten. I love and adore them but there are so many adult cats pining in rescue centres.

We got a gorgeous one a few weeks ago - he'd been there months. He is such a lovely natured cat; no trouble at all, and we have had a number of upsets this year and he has really helped gel us all as a family again, daft as it sounds!

thecatneuterer Sun 29-Nov-15 17:08:42

Well if they're not charging then the story may well be true. If you take them then at least they will all go to a good home. It's very sad to split them up though. Ideally they should all be homed together. This isn't an ideal world though of course. If there is a pair left then you should definitely get both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now