Talk

Advanced search

time to say goodbye

(12 Posts)
Mincepies76 Tue 24-Nov-15 22:03:56

My lovely 3 legged cat, who is nearly 15 has been poorly since August and I think it's time.
Feel so sad, can't imagine life without my beautiful friend. I know it's the right thing to do, but it doesn't make it easier does it sad

JennaRoss Tue 24-Nov-15 22:11:39

flowers flowers flowers

sad sad sad

cozietoesie Tue 24-Nov-15 22:43:27

Poor lad and poor you. No - it being the right and loving thing to do just doesn't make it easier, I'm afraid. (Or not at the time at any rate - in my own experience, it does make it easier to accept afterwards.)

Vinorosso74 Wed 25-Nov-15 16:30:41

He looks a handsome fella! Sorry you (and he)are going through this sad

Puzzledandpissedoff Wed 25-Nov-15 16:49:43

I know only too well it's hideously hard, but just think - 15 wonderful years, when he could so easily have been with someone who just didn't care. Very obviously you've done your very best by him all this time, and I know you'll do the same now

Thinking of you flowers

Moonax Tue 01-Dec-15 22:37:42

It's awful, however much you know it's the right thing to do. Much sympathy. He looks like such a beautiful cat in the picture. So hard to part with them, but the price of having them in our lives is letting them leave when they're ready to go. Very sad for you.

Mincepies76 Sat 05-Dec-15 11:48:27

Thank you everyone thanks

JimmyGreavesMoustache Sat 05-Dec-15 11:49:50

what a beautiful boy
sending love x

Greengardenpixie Sat 05-Dec-15 19:20:20

My cat got put to sleep this morning. Its been a part of my family for 18 years. It had numerous things wrong with it including a tumour on its nose and had started to pee and poo over the whole house. I feel your pain. Its hard. I know it is just a cat but even still. Its seen my boys grow up. I am taken aback at how it has actually upset me even although i know it is for the best.
Very sad for you flowers

cozietoesie Sat 05-Dec-15 19:29:22

It's never 'just a cat'. Never.

cozietoesie Sat 05-Dec-15 19:30:21

Ps - thinking of you also.

Mincepies76 Sat 05-Dec-15 22:34:39

So sorry to hear that Greengardenpixie. My old boy is weaved into years of memories and life events. They might be cats but they are members of our families.
We've now added a kitten to our family and we're making more memories.
Cats are the best star

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now