Talk

Advanced search

It's like a newborn baby! Help!

(6 Posts)
ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Mon 23-Nov-15 07:09:18

Spud is nearly 2. Male, sterilised.

We are in a flat so he's a house cat. He has started howling all night to the point that I have to get up, go to the kitchen (where he "sleeps") and lie on the sofa with him. At which point he falls to sleep straightaway and I inch my way away from him (or sometimes not, as it's easier to just stay there all fucking night)

Dbil is a vet, and says he has "behavioural problems".

Any tips to break this vicious circle?

Sparklingbrook Mon 23-Nov-15 07:42:23

Awww. Any chance of him sleeping in your bedroom?

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Mon 23-Nov-15 08:19:48

Hiya Sparks, I'm quite willing (for a decent night's sleep) to try that, but handsome swain won't have it.
We did try it once or twice, but he sleeps for as long as he wants, then of course wants out and starts scritchy scratching the door etc.

Is there a feline version of a sleeping pill or tranquiliser I wonder?

Sparklingbrook Mon 23-Nov-15 08:23:08

I did wonder whether there would be objections from other parties. What a meanpants. sad grin

Sparklingcat has the run of the house at night including our room because of the needy issues you describe. DH does get a bit narky when he has a cats bum in his face at 4am.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Mon 23-Nov-15 08:26:18

grin

Dp wouldn't even notice to be honest. It's the principle he objects to....I might wait till he goes to sleep and sneak him in....

Sparklingbrook Mon 23-Nov-15 08:44:18

DO IT. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now