Talk

Advanced search

Switched to dry food, thirst seems an issue!

(3 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Mon 23-Nov-15 07:05:40

Recently switched our big boy from wet food to dry. He's huge (weighs a stone or so) but just generally a big cat, aged 8, active and outdoors lots of the time.

He's chubbed up in the last 6 months or so, hence the food swap. Since we switched though, he's been acting very content but seems thirsty all the time, which is not something I've generally noticed before.

Should I be concerned?

MillyMoo1113 Mon 23-Nov-15 07:13:07

Our big ginger Tom did the same when we swapped him to dry food for being over weight(and lazy!)

I mentioned it to the vet and they weren't concerned, said it was just down to the fact that pouch food has the jelly which is wet and therefore biscuits make then need liquid from elsewhere

His preference is to drink from the sink in the bathroom tho, occasionally from the water bowl, definitely not the water fountain we bought though!

MrsFruitcake Mon 23-Nov-15 07:14:44

Thanks Milly - I wrote that just after he'd joined me quite unexpectedly in the shower this morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now