Talk

Advanced search

Cat peed on bed right beside me?

(5 Posts)
wickedlazy Thu 19-Nov-15 11:48:21

Just that. Was in bed watching a dvd, when I noticed my spayed female 3 year old cat was squatting instead of sitting. Though nooo she wouldn't be... But she was! Peeing right beside me. I've had her for two years and she's never done anything like this before. We have a dog too, but have had dog for a year so don't think it could be a jealousy thing.

Reading online they often do this when they want you to know something is wrong. Do I need to take her to the vet, or could there be a behavioural reason? know will end up taking cat to vet anyway but an opinion in meantime would be welcome

coffeeisnectar Thu 19-Nov-15 12:11:03

Where does she usually go? Outside? Tray?

Was the dog blocking the tray? If it's outside she may be stressed and need a tray indoors (our cats issue and she stopped peeing on my bed), is the tray dirty?

wickedlazy Thu 19-Nov-15 13:57:14

She has a tray, didn't use it.

Got her to the vets there, vet thinks cystitis. Gave her an antibiotic injection and a painkiller, and said to limit what rooms she goes into for next 2 weeks (until antibiotic works) as she is likely to pee in soft places/in front of us. Poor thing, glad I took her to the vet.

coffeeisnectar Thu 19-Nov-15 22:36:26

Poor girl. I'm glad she's been treated and hope she feels better soon.

icelollycraving Thu 26-Nov-15 23:58:52

Poor little thing. Is she feeling better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now