Talk

Advanced search

Litter crisis!

(15 Posts)
Allinafankle Tue 17-Nov-15 22:23:40

I buy Sainsburys Ultra Clumping litter but apparently they have a supply ptoblem with their entire range and don't know when it's going to be resolved. All they had was Catsan so had to buy it but my little monster isn't getting on with it. Does anyone know of a litter that is similar to the Sainsburys one please?

isseywithcats Tue 17-Nov-15 22:29:32

try pets at home im sure they will be able to come up with something similar look on line or zoopla online sorry not very helpful my lot get asda wood pellets one

cozietoesie Wed 18-Nov-15 10:01:24

That's bad news. Seniorboy uses the Sainsbury's clumping litter - not sure if it's the same stuff that you were talking about; it's the pack with the deep turquoise background and a picture of a tabby and white cat on it. I noticed last night that it was 'unavailable' when I was doing my initial supermarket order online but I don't like the sound of this 'don't know when it's going to be resolved'.

I have a couple of bags in reserve but it sounds as if he's still going to have to put up with Hard Times for a little because he's very pernickety about the type of litter he uses. The only other one he'll tolerate is the Co-op equivalent that comes in a purple and pale turquoise bag which is much the same apparently. (I don't see much difference between eg Sainsbury's and Tesco but apparently there is one.) The problem is that although there may be different retailers with different colour bags, it's entirely possible that there's only one supplier who is packaging them to suit - and if that supplier is having difficulty........

I'd nip to any B&M Sainsbury's near you and see if they have any lying around in store rooms to stock up - the problem can only be fairly recent, I think. Failing that, see what the Co-op can offer you; they seem to be on the same wavelength as far as cats are concerned.

Keep us posted on developments? Seniorboy is watching with interest!

Allinafankle Wed 18-Nov-15 18:31:07

Yes it's the entire Sainsburys range that's affected, I'll try the Co-op then. I was hoping that another supermarket would have a similar sort, but like you I'm concerned that it is one supplier and they'll all be affected. It'll be an expensive game of trial and error if that's the case as he is a very fussy cat!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 18-Nov-15 19:15:53

Catsan Gold. You'll never get him off it though. £5.50 in Tesco.

cozietoesie Thu 19-Nov-15 16:57:46

Does it clump, Fluffy ? (I'm thinking ahead here.)

cozietoesie Thu 19-Nov-15 17:02:34

Actually - are you sure it's Catsan Gold ? My online Tesco has a Sanicat Gold which is about the right price but nothing for Catsan as far as I can see. (It might be just that my local dark store doesn't stock it though.)

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 19-Nov-15 17:05:48

Yes, and Yes.

blush

cozietoesie Thu 19-Nov-15 17:16:02

Ah, don't tell me - it's ASBO's talcum scented stuff? grin How such a macho cat could have such tastes.......

(I'll buy a pack and see how it goes with Seniorboy.)

Corygal Thu 19-Nov-15 22:33:58

I'm seconding Catsan (Tesco is cheapest btw) as it does clump and is nice and soft on the paws. It lasts for ages. Mr C likes the blue packet.

Mind you, to my horror there have been delays in that recently. At one stage we had to do Sainsbury's value - I am still hoovering the reaction. Many balcony plants are dead.

If Seniorboy approves, this is sort-of good value given it costs more per ounce than caviare & saves you carrying it.

cozietoesie Mon 23-Nov-15 09:42:07

Well we've tried Catsan and I'm afraid it's been a bit of a bust. Seniorboy used a mix of Catsan/Sainsbury's but with rather bad grace - and it doesn't seem (on initial trial) to clump very well at all; or not as well as the original.

(Having said which,who knows what the future may hold - he could have to adjust.)

Sanicat Gold arrives this evening with any luck so I'll see how that goes.

cozietoesie Sat 28-Nov-15 21:35:38

Sainsbury's cat litter seems to be back on the menu this evening - at least it's on the website and they accepted my online order. Have to wait and see I suppose.

(There would be a certain inevitability to it if it was back because I've also ordered ......rather a lot blush....... of various types of litter from Amazon. If the Sainsbury's is delivered as normal, there could be some presents going to the local rescues, I think. grin)

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 29-Nov-15 10:38:25

Are senior boys tastes more manly than Asbos then?.

cozietoesie Sun 29-Nov-15 11:47:35

Let me put it like this - he's used the Sanicat (and at that price, so he darned well should!) but without comment; and he seems to be going to his number 2 tray (still Sainsbury's) just as much as the Sanicat one. I don't think he cares much either way - he seems to be a texture cat and not a scent one.

There appear to be oodles of scented cat litters on Amazon by the way. Of course, some of their scents may not be just to ASBO's taste. grin

cozietoesie Mon 30-Nov-15 20:00:31

The Sainsbury's litter arrived. If this household were a boat, we'd now be in serious danger of breaching the Plimsoll line. (And that's without any contribution from Amazon.)

Seniorboy is paying no attention to all of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now