Talk

Advanced search

Confess! DP thinks I've gone batty but I bet I'm not the only one......

(21 Posts)
MidnightVelvetthe4th Tue 17-Nov-15 13:41:07

...to buy my cat an advent calendar! Bought it from the vets, they were in a pile next to the dog ones!

DP think I'm the only person in the entire world to do so grin

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 17-Nov-15 13:47:26

I used to buy my cat Xmas/birthday presents blush

DramaAlpaca Tue 17-Nov-15 13:51:09

I still buy my cats a Christmas present blush. It dates back to the days when the DC were small, and they asked if Santa would be bringing presents for the cats. The tradition continues even though the DC are grown up.

DH would think I'd totally lost it if I bought them an advent calendar though!

emwithme Tue 17-Nov-15 14:03:08

I haven't bought our kittens' advent calendar yet but that's only because I haven't been anywhere that's got them. Must nip to Pets at Home.

MidnightVelvetthe4th Tue 17-Nov-15 14:05:06

Here it is, ably demonstrated by Cinnamon rolling around near it!

She gets a Christmas present as well! grin

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 17-Nov-15 14:05:36

envy

Sainsburys have them...I was contelating it but now I might go for it grin

isseywithcats Tue 17-Nov-15 16:46:02

your all batty i dont buy my four cats or the dog anything different at christmas, much as i love them all they are animals and do not know its christmas all they get is a bit of the roast meat from the christmas day and boxing day dinner as a treat

lbab1702 Tue 17-Nov-15 16:50:49

My two get a stocking each blush

Gatekeeper Tue 17-Nov-15 16:54:36

they have them in Home Bargains ; will be getting our stray one smile

hugoagogo Tue 17-Nov-15 16:58:19

Not an advent calendar no, dd wanted to but kittyagogo has a sensitive tum but she gets a christmas present and a birthday present too. grin

TobleroneBoo Tue 17-Nov-15 17:06:05

Once signed up to Amazon prime just to get 4 for my 4! None of them bloody liked them gringrin

TobleroneBoo Tue 17-Nov-15 17:06:49

Only the 30 day trial of course!

Oldraver Wed 18-Nov-15 09:57:59

I saw them in Sainsburys and ummed ans ahhed but thought they may have cheap shit addictive stuff that may out Ernie cat off his food in them

We've promised him some Fillet steak for Christmas...he may get some new toys

Oh rolled his eyes ate the calendar but confessed at looking for a new catnip toy. And had a bag full off ping pong balls when he came back to the car

We figure there must be 25 of the things in the house right now

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 18-Nov-15 11:15:56

I would but H won't eat anything apart from his regular biscuits so it's a waste of money.

He will be getting several new catnip toys though.

pilates Thu 19-Nov-15 15:58:46

Yes, I have smile

Goingtobeawesome Thu 19-Nov-15 21:51:08

I bought mine one last year. And an Easter egg. Only wouldn't again as they hated the treats.

Corygal Thu 19-Nov-15 21:53:36

I want one for Mr C at once. I nearly cried at the Xmas display in Sainsburys as Mog looks like a feminine version of Mr C. Was considering the cuddly toy as well so he could have a girlfriend - his current squeeze is a fake fur coat I've never been allowed to wear.

AlmaMartyr Thu 19-Nov-15 21:55:46

My cat gets a stocking!

chipshop Fri 20-Nov-15 16:07:31

Yes I have an advent calender for my cat too. Which is a bit silly as he's not a huge fan of catnip and it's catnip treats. He'll be getting a stocking too.

We are also having his first birthday party shortly before Christmas.

To be honest I'm most worried he will bring the whole Christmas tree crashing down, he's very adventurous...

Oldraver Fri 20-Nov-15 17:25:38

Chipshop..Ernie will be 4 1/2 months at Christmas and we have already planned to tether the Christmas tree to the wall

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now