Talk

Advanced search

We're picking up our rescue cats TODAY!!

(20 Posts)
milkmilklemonade12 Mon 16-Nov-15 13:54:38

DH is out picking them up now! We had a visit from Cats Protection at the weekend and we went along to the shelter today.

As soon as we got there, two beautiful plump tabby girls (mum and daughter) saw us and came to say hello. They are a little shy, but they've been there for five whole months sad I even got a lick from mum! They are 8 and 9 and were placed because of the breakup of a family; both parents went into rented, unsuitable accommodation. No one wanted them because of their age, but honestly they are two of the sleekest, most lovely girls I've ever seen in my life.

There were a younger b/g pair, but I actually cried at the thought of leaving them behind. So now I'm filling litter trays and waiting for the return on DH.

I'm taking DS straight from school to a play date, so they will have a quiet house to nose about. I've told DH to open the crates in the kitchen and just sit and the table and play on his iPad maybe do his tax return and let them come out in their own time.

Oh God I'm so excited! <cat emoticon>

Jenda Mon 16-Nov-15 13:57:07

Oh that's so exciting!! I love that you chose them, it's so nice to give older cats a chance and I'm sure they will repay you with lots of love. My lad was extremely nervous when we rescued him but now he loves nothing more than to lie on me and purr loudly!

Have you got names for them?

Wolfiefan Mon 16-Nov-15 13:59:01

Pictures! We need pictures. Enjoy!

Sparklingbrook Mon 16-Nov-15 13:59:35

Exciting!

<awaits photos>

MidnightVelvetthe4th Mon 16-Nov-15 14:06:14

Eek how exciting! Pics! I love tabbies.

Well done on going for the older animals smile

milkmilklemonade12 Mon 16-Nov-15 14:14:07

Hopefully DH will be here before school pick up otherwise I'll have to wait to post photos until after the play date this afternoon.

I've filled 2 trays with different types of litter, got their brand of cat food in gravy and jelly, with fish and meat, and biscuits. Went and bought extra toys too.

I absolutely can't understand why age is such an issue. My nan had a cat live until 22! So they're not even halfway through their lives, hopefully.

cozietoesie Mon 16-Nov-15 14:35:11

My own boy came to live with me at 14 - and we're now nearly 7 years on.

Enjoy. smile

milkmilklemonade12 Mon 16-Nov-15 14:57:08

Both girls came home, came straight out of the carriers and one is hiding under the dining table and the other under the sofa. I'll leave them to it wink

PolterGoose Mon 16-Nov-15 15:08:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 16-Nov-15 15:10:50

<plonks bum and awaits photos>

<impatiently>

HemanOrSheRa Mon 16-Nov-15 15:15:59

I've had The Morning From Hell so need cheering up with lovely cat photo's. Hurry. Please grin.

milkmilklemonade12 Mon 16-Nov-15 21:07:26

Photos of new kits! Have given them free fun of the house, and they've decided to hide under our bed...

Sparklingbrook Mon 16-Nov-15 21:09:35

Awww!! They are lovely. Was Ds excited?

PolterGoose Mon 16-Nov-15 21:09:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MidnightVelvetthe4th Mon 16-Nov-15 21:13:54

What beautiful cats! Loving the face on the last pic smile

HemanOrSheRa Mon 16-Nov-15 21:19:09

Lovely smile. They look like they've made themselves at home!

milkmilklemonade12 Mon 16-Nov-15 22:09:38

grin that was among the first of the photos from when DS met the Dcats grin

They're still snoozing under our bed and haven't shown any interest in food, water or litter trays yet.

cozietoesie Tue 17-Nov-15 00:43:38

They look from those photos as if they're settling fine.

They'll just need to learn the household routines still - eg when it's safe to come out in order to avoid DS. grin See how they are tomorrow.

isseywithcats Tue 17-Nov-15 17:03:00

their lovely and so nice that you picked two older girls

milkmilklemonade12 Tue 17-Nov-15 18:52:57

They're not keen on eating just yet, although when we go to them; they're very happy to get strokes and tickles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now