Talk

Advanced search

cat GPS / tracking systems

(7 Posts)
justabigdisco Sun 15-Nov-15 23:03:06

Does anyone have any experience of these? I've got a small cat who likes to wander.. She went missing a few weeks ago for 24 hours and was luckily found about a mile away - she'd followed some people and got lost. She's very friendly and loves to follow people but we live in a semi rural area so she can travel quite far quite easily.
We've kept her inside ever since but she's desperate to go back out to play sad
I've done a bit if reading on trackers - all the proper GPS ones seem too big for her (she's kitten sized) but the one that just emits beeps would be no good if she's a mile away!
Any advice?

justabigdisco Mon 16-Nov-15 09:31:29

Morning bump!

justabigdisco Mon 16-Nov-15 16:57:20

Teatime bump - anyone?

justabigdisco Tue 17-Nov-15 19:32:11

Hopeful last bump...

WitchWay Tue 17-Nov-15 21:22:54

Mine regularly lose their collars fighting with next-door's cat & I hardly ever find them, so I suspect a GPS tracker would soon be lost. I'd love to know whether they go though! smile

givemushypeasachance Wed 18-Nov-15 15:29:59

I've used the loc8tor ones with the box that beeps to indicate direction and how far away the cat is, but in practice they are only effectively up to a couple of gardens away when in a built up area. Many of the GPS ones only record where the cat has been and have to be plugged into a computer to download the journey, they aren't real-time.

I'd like a magic box that I can pull up a map on and there will be two little dots showing me where my cats are at this precise second. Ideally that doesn't require a monthly data-roaming charge, and with good battery life, cat-size appropriate tracker tags too. Once that is invented and it works effectively the successful company will make a bomb!

justabigdisco Wed 18-Nov-15 19:42:04

That's exactly what I need! Seems it doesn't exist.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: