Talk

Advanced search

cat GPS / tracking systems

(7 Posts)
justabigdisco Sun 15-Nov-15 23:03:06

Does anyone have any experience of these? I've got a small cat who likes to wander.. She went missing a few weeks ago for 24 hours and was luckily found about a mile away - she'd followed some people and got lost. She's very friendly and loves to follow people but we live in a semi rural area so she can travel quite far quite easily.
We've kept her inside ever since but she's desperate to go back out to play sad
I've done a bit if reading on trackers - all the proper GPS ones seem too big for her (she's kitten sized) but the one that just emits beeps would be no good if she's a mile away!
Any advice?

justabigdisco Mon 16-Nov-15 09:31:29

Morning bump!

justabigdisco Mon 16-Nov-15 16:57:20

Teatime bump - anyone?

justabigdisco Tue 17-Nov-15 19:32:11

Hopeful last bump...

WitchWay Tue 17-Nov-15 21:22:54

Mine regularly lose their collars fighting with next-door's cat & I hardly ever find them, so I suspect a GPS tracker would soon be lost. I'd love to know whether they go though! smile

givemushypeasachance Wed 18-Nov-15 15:29:59

I've used the loc8tor ones with the box that beeps to indicate direction and how far away the cat is, but in practice they are only effectively up to a couple of gardens away when in a built up area. Many of the GPS ones only record where the cat has been and have to be plugged into a computer to download the journey, they aren't real-time.

I'd like a magic box that I can pull up a map on and there will be two little dots showing me where my cats are at this precise second. Ideally that doesn't require a monthly data-roaming charge, and with good battery life, cat-size appropriate tracker tags too. Once that is invented and it works effectively the successful company will make a bomb!

justabigdisco Wed 18-Nov-15 19:42:04

That's exactly what I need! Seems it doesn't exist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now