Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gotcha day fast approaching

(5 Posts)
ilovekitties Fri 13-Nov-15 21:24:37

So I'm picking the boys up tomorrow after work at around 2.30pm.. They are curre tly fed on hi life and purina one biscuits and their fosterer said that they prefer the biscuits atm. I want them on an all wet diet so my question is, can i just get the hi life and not the biscuits or do i need to get them aswell and wean them off it gradually?? I've read bad things about cats eating dry food etc and i don't wanna havr to go to the veta for avoidable things.
I shall post pictures tomorrow when we get home, everyone is excited smile

Notmeagain1 Sat 14-Nov-15 00:46:19

Start them on what they currently are eating and gradually change them over or you coukd cause them to have some serious stomach issues. Lots of gas and the runs.

Congratulations on your new additions!

ilovekitties Sat 14-Nov-15 10:36:59

They're on hi life and purina one but can i not just put them on hi life minus purina one biscuits??
Thanks

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 14-Nov-15 11:22:35

When they arrive with you it will be stressful (new homes always are) keep them on their current diet for a few weeks.
There is no issue with good quality dried food as long as they have access to fresh clean water. On a 100% wet diet you are more likely to encounter dental problems as the wet food hangs about the teeth leading to plaque, tartar and eventually bad teeth. So a 100% wet diet can lead to preventable medical problems too.
Raw feeding is the ultimate solution to feeding a wet diet that prevents dental problems.
My solution is 50% good quality grain free dry food ( I feed Arden grange salmon and potato) and 50 % wet food. I have massive water bowls all over the place too.

ilovekitties Sat 14-Nov-15 20:25:30

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now