Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's cat fed up of the rain?

(9 Posts)
80sWaistcoat Wed 11-Nov-15 11:40:14

Cat is in a tremendous grump about the rain which has been near constant for about a week.

There's lots of attention seeking plonking himself down on the kitchen floor right in the way.

Demanding to be let out (he has a perfectly usable cat flap) then running right back in again - and repeat.

Whingeing and whining has gone up a pace.

I thought I might get him a little rain coat.

He's such a joy to have round at the moment.

Mine also runs out, runs back in, and looks at me as if to say "this is YOUR fault, isn't it?" I feebly offer a dreamy in apology.

BrianCoxReborn Wed 11-Nov-15 12:30:28

Evil Cat demands to be let out. I open the back door,she sniffs and then huffs back in. She proceeds to the front door where she demands to go out (in case it isn't raining out front) and if she's absolutely desperate, she races to the car and sulks under there.

Ginger Beast otoh, sits in the middle of the garden, dripping, looking ever so perplexed as to his current predicament.

moonbells Wed 11-Nov-15 12:30:39

Ours keep complaining that they can't find the door into summer, and running to the front door to see if it's dry there...

chemenger Wed 11-Nov-15 12:38:46

My little boy cat does not care if he gets wet, he just carries on regardless. He regularly comes in soaking wet and asks to be dried with his special towel, which is really cute, except at 3am.

80sWaistcoat Wed 11-Nov-15 13:12:57

Mine looks out the back door and then gives me a look as if to say 'no, stupid, the sunny back garden'.

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 11-Nov-15 13:15:58

Mine doesn't like the wind but loves the rain!

However she does like dried with her towel every time she comes in, so the routine is, ask to be let out front door - sit in the rain for a bit, come back in cat flap and demand to be dried, have a quick snack, ask to go out again......and on and on all day.

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 11-Nov-15 13:18:28

ooh snap chemenger - didn't read your post before posting mine.

Yes, the 3am drying demands! She has more or less stopped those since we refused to entertain her. We also put a small towel at the end of DS2s bed so she will either have a rub on that or ask DS2 (14) to get her dried and he is a sap and gives in.

Germgirl Wed 11-Nov-15 13:23:34

PicklePig either whines at me to stop the rain or goes outside and sits on the shed with hunched shoulders glaring at me through the window. His face seems to say "you wouldn't switch the wet stuff off so I'm having to sit in it. You'll be SORRY when I die of pneumonia"
Then he comes in and rolls around to dry himself on the stupid white wool rug that DH thought was a good idea, this makes DH shout and PicklePig glare even more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now