Talk

Advanced search

Kitten food?

(4 Posts)
JazzTheDog Mon 09-Nov-15 16:06:47

We currently have 2 cats who are almost 7 years old, later this week we get 2 new kittens to join them :D

What is the current thinking on feeding kittens, none of the shops I've been in recently seems to have specific kitten food. I'll ask the CPL lady when I go for them what they're currently on but just wondered what the norm is nowadays.

I've set up a kitten cave for them for overnight and when we're out so that my older cats can't bully them. I also have Feliway diffusers throughout the downstairs of the house. Anything else I haven't thought of?

Thanks smile

JazzTheDog Mon 09-Nov-15 16:08:19

Our kitten cave!

isseywithcats Mon 09-Nov-15 17:50:16

i work for and foster for Yorkshire cat rescue and they dont feed kitten food as adult food is only slightly lower in protien and kitten food is expensive so YCR kittens get adult food from weaning the only thing they do is not give beef or lamb based as red meat is too rich for littleys and can give them the runs , they give royal canin baby cat biscuits though as they are high quality and small bite

PolterGoose Mon 09-Nov-15 19:41:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now