Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What does he want!!! He's just sitting there staring and meowing at me...

(16 Posts)
Moln Sat 07-Nov-15 08:10:08

Got up because I am his chosen slave at 6.30. Sorted his food and refreshed his water and opened catflap. Gave him his required cuddle and chin rub and he gave me his rollover and show belly thing.

All good and standard.

But he came back in (it's raining) while I was making a cup of tea and sat next to me meowing. So I picked him up for another snuggle until he jumped down and went out again

Now I've got back into bed with a book he's come back in and is sat in the landing just staring at me and meowing.

I've go picked him up and put him next to me put he just went back to the landing and repeated

Is he giving me an extended weather report?
Is he having a laugh to see how many times I'll pick him up?

WHAT THE HECK DOES HE WANT!!?

gamerchick Sat 07-Nov-15 08:11:19

He wants you to turn the rain off.

potap123 Sat 07-Nov-15 08:11:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rainbowstardrops Sat 07-Nov-15 08:12:39

grin

potap123 Sat 07-Nov-15 08:13:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gamerchick Sat 07-Nov-15 08:43:14

Universal man grin

Moln Sat 07-Nov-15 08:50:15

Probably right. Well with that cross post you must be.

I shall try my best.

QforCucumber Sat 07-Nov-15 09:01:07

QgirlCat does this - if you follow her she walks you around the house, and leads you to nothing in particular. Or sometimes it's just a closed door - how dare we close a bedroom door?! QboyCat just looks oddly at her.
Definitely think it's the rain thing, you have wronged him by allowing the wet to fall from the sky and can never be forgiven.

gamerchick Sat 07-Nov-15 09:02:31

Maybe an anti rain dance? Chuck some over here as well wink

Archfarchnad Sat 07-Nov-15 09:04:40

Well, you're a pretty crap cat servant if you can't control the weather. If it starts raining while Archcat is out he gives me HELL when he comes back in. He paces back and forth with a non-stop whinge, so a meow sounds relatively harmless.

Moln Sat 07-Nov-15 09:09:09

I have failed him I know. It has lessened a good bit and he has conceded to go out.

Moln Sat 07-Nov-15 09:12:21

He's a kind master you think Arch? He only meowed short not particularly loud ones too.

Archfarchnad Sat 07-Nov-15 09:17:46

I think he sounds very generous. It's less of a complaint, more just quietly making you aware of your failings. On the bright side (literally), if it's now eased off, he will be firmly convinced you did that all for him ( because he's worth it).

Themodernuriahheep Sat 07-Nov-15 09:22:00

And it's very simple. If it rains at the front door you need to make sure it's dry at the back. Simples.

cozietoesie Sat 07-Nov-15 09:30:30

I'm going to take just a slightly different view from others based on my experience of my own boys. Siamese are given, I'm afraid, to having long discourses about eg the state of the Chinese economy and the prospects for winter weather and whether the cows will be in milk through it - but more than that, they're given to complaining; and as the godlike figure in their lives, you often have to field these complaints and fix things for them.

In the circumstances you describe, I'd be thinking that he wanted to pee or poo but couldn't have a comfortable one for some reason and was telling you his troubles.

Does he have an indoor litter tray?

Pointlessfan Sat 07-Nov-15 09:35:30

He's definitely complaining about the rain. Pointless cat often wakes us up early for food then waits until we've just got back to sleep before yowling loudly on the landing, then he goes away. We think he's saying thank you for his breakfast! Wouldn't mind but it always wakes DD then our day has started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now