Talk

Advanced search

A week until new kittens

(16 Posts)
ilovekitties Fri 06-Nov-15 15:35:13

So originally I was meant to get a pedigree but now decided to get rescue cos i wouldn't be able to live with myself.
Had a home check on wednesday (i say home check but it was more just talking about my worries in regards with kittens).. They are ready to go now at 10 weeks old but I've asked the woman if she can keep them until next saturday cos i wanna buy everything first and kitten proof the house. The kittens are still with mum and the adoption fee is £30 per kit and they come chipped and with a voucher for neutering at 6 months old. They are black and white boys which I will name Micah and Jonah so I'm really excited smile! Kids keep pestering me everyday about when they're coming.
They are currently fed on hi life and thats okay cos its high meat content.
Sorry just waffling on lol

PolterGoose Fri 06-Nov-15 16:33:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovekitties Fri 06-Nov-15 17:07:08

Micah is the thick stripe and Jonah is the thin stripe one smile

Merrybertie Fri 06-Nov-15 17:10:29

Oh my goodness, they're beautiful!! I bet you're all seriously excited.

PolterGoose Fri 06-Nov-15 17:15:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklingbrook Fri 06-Nov-15 17:17:01

envy

BagelSuffragette Fri 06-Nov-15 18:10:14

Oh bloody hell, look at that cute pink nose! I am so envious, they are gorgeous.

I love black or black & white cats. I don't know why people consider them less attractive. So great you're getting rescues. You will have a lot of fun with them, lucky you!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 06-Nov-15 22:22:58

They are seriously gorgeous.

Oldraver Sat 07-Nov-15 10:18:00

They are lovely..we have recently got a black and white kitten and he is an amazing little thing. I cant understand people thinking them less attractive

chemenger Sat 07-Nov-15 10:43:11

Two of the most affectionate and cuddly cats I've ever had were black and white tuxedo cats, I've never known a mean one. Torties on the other hand...

ilovekitties Sat 07-Nov-15 16:49:09

We're all really really excited, a week today and I'll have kittens running around and I can't wait. Just done my first zooplus order, got their food and water bowls and a wicker carrier smile. I love the black and whites even jet black cats. The way i look at it, they look like little panthers to me and i love to wear black clothes so win win haha. So excited.

chemenger Sat 07-Nov-15 16:58:33

Only the white hairs will be deposited on your black clothes.

ilovekitties Sat 07-Nov-15 17:32:33

Exactly chemenger ??.. Heard of naughty torties so I'm happy with my tuxedos smile

chemenger Sat 07-Nov-15 17:54:45

You think your cats have very little white fur...yet 90% of the fur they will lose will be white, unless you are wearing white or have a pale coloured carpet. I had a tuxedo cat and a dark blue carpet - it was covered in white hair all the time.

Wolfiefan Sat 07-Nov-15 18:02:26

I have two naughty tortie kittens. They are so sweet and funny.
Re kitten proofing I put all the Lego upstairs in the kids rooms. I thought they would play with it or chew it.
Small spaces. They love small spaces. We have a gap under the dishwasher that's barricaded and a cardboard box over the chimney!
Ensure they have something to scratch and something to play with. Ours love the laser pointer (careful with eyes) from Sainsburys, screwed up balls of paper, foam balls, owl on a string (Sainsburys) and cardboard boxes.
We shut outs in just the kitchen overnight. Just for the first night. They were both a bit upset by the journey and it gave them time to find the food and litter tray.
I let them have the run of most of the house the following day (not kids rooms) and they sleep on our bed.
Ensure places to sleep and enough litter trays.

ilovekitties Sat 07-Nov-15 18:27:48

They would lose majority of white fur wouldnt they, typical haha.
I'm slightly worried cos in my bathroom there's a hole where the pipe comes out from under the bath and I'm scared they'll sneak in there..the pipe is pretty thick but being kittens I'm certain they'll fit in the tiniest holes. Apart from that my house is okay. I've got two litter trays one for downstairs and one for upstairs is this okay?? Gonna keep them on the same food and litter for a few weeks and gradually change over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now