Talk

Advanced search

My cat has pooed in the living room two day's in a row, why???

(6 Posts)
Apartridgeamongstthepidgeons Fri 06-Nov-15 10:53:54

HI,

My cat/kitten who's 8 months old has been great since day one regarding his litter tray. He has been going outside for a couple of months now but still uses his litter tray whilst inside. This morning and yesterday morning we were greeted by a huge pile of poo on the living room rug grrr the rest of the downstairs is wood floor so why he chose the rug has really annoyed me. Yday both my dc's trod in it and this morning I did with bare feetangry

I just have no idea why he has done this though, nothings changed, we haven't done anything different. I really don't like the idea of putting him out all night but I'm not sure what else I can do as downstairs is open plan so I can't lock him in a room of an evening. He does has a cat kennel in the garden so he has somewhere warm and dry to go.

Just wondered if any of you long term cat owners/lovers would know why a cat would just start doing this?

thecatneuterer Fri 06-Nov-15 11:03:13

I would give him a second tray. Sometimes they like to wee in one and poo in another. Also of course the fireworks could have been a contributory factor.

Apartridgeamongstthepidgeons Fri 06-Nov-15 11:12:19

I did think about the fireworks, but they have been going off early evening and he hasn't seemed bothered about them and the pooing has happened in the middle of the night. Will get a second litter tray and try that out, thank you smile

PullUpsAreTricky Fri 06-Nov-15 22:31:38

worms?

pieceofpurplesky Fri 06-Nov-15 22:36:44

My cat has wee'd two nights in a row. She does it every time there are fireworks. Not necessarily at the time but later when she feels safe to get out of my bed!!!

TheSpectreOfMorningtonCrescent Fri 06-Nov-15 22:40:30

Mine has phases of doing this randomly. I've been through 5 bathmats in a 3 week period. He's now moved on to random weeing. Just casually strolled over to dds pumps and squatted. Got him out before he started. No idea why.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: