Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cat fleas

(8 Posts)
brightwell Mon 02-Nov-15 07:10:38

My cat's got fleas, I use Frontline regularly, last did it on Thursday. She's scratching, I've combed her & found a few fleas & loads of flea poop. I used flea foggers in the house at the end of August, any ideas what to do now?

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 02-Nov-15 07:36:53

Advocate, Activyl or Broadline on the cat and spraying the house with Acclaim or Indorexx.

PennyHasNoSurname Mon 02-Nov-15 07:42:43

We find that in addition to treating our catswe also have put flea collars on them. The ones from Wilkos are great.

We also have sprayed our house throughout the years but foubd the best and cheapest thing to do is move all the furniture to the middle of the room and pour table salt all round the edges of the room, across the flooring and at the doorways. Gp out for a few hours then come back and vaccuum up (remove the vac bag and dispose asap too).

The second even a grain of salt touches a flea it kills it.

Vaccuum throughout every day for a good long while after (two weeks or so).

gamerchick Mon 02-Nov-15 07:44:33

Yes advocate here it's decent stuff.

Please don't use flea collars unless in the Hoover.

timtam23 Mon 02-Nov-15 09:36:29

There is flea resistance to Front line in some areas, I have switched to Advocate - expensive but we are now flea-free!

Flea collars can cause irritation around the neck, as well as the other safety concerns about collars getting caught on things, so I don't use them on my cat.

PennyHasNoSurname Mon 02-Nov-15 09:43:08

I didnt realise flea collars were bad? Ours are quick release ones so cant get stuck on anything and neither of our cats seem affected or irritated by them.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 02-Nov-15 10:43:03

There is no safety data for combining a collar with spot on so there is a reasonable chance you are over dosing.
Collar injuries happen even with quick release collars.

longdiling Mon 02-Nov-15 10:47:48

We use Stronghold on ours, very successfully. She did get fleas with Frontline but I've not seen any since we switched to Stronghold - you have to get it from the vet though. I didn't see any in the carpets but we sprayed Acclaim everywhere just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now