Heavy cat traffic and fleas

(2 Posts)
littleladyluna Sun 01-Nov-15 14:00:56

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas with regards to flea prevention. We foster and have no resident cat, and so receive cats from the rescue who have been given all jabs, been deflead and dewormed. We typically only have one cat at a time, and some stay for weeks, others for a matter of days. Sometimes we have no cat at all.

So far we've not had a problem with fleas, however we had a kitten for three days recently and I found three live fleas on him. Now I'm a bit paranoid that our house will become a flea hotel, and that with each incoming cat we risk an infestation.

I feel like we need to take regular measures to treat the house (as the cats always change) - any ideas? Any experiences of diatomaceous earth? I'd be happy to treat that house as often as necessary!

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 01-Nov-15 15:44:23

6 monthly treatments of the house with either Indorexx or Acclaim will keep everything under control. Also what product do the rescue use on the cats so have a kill time of 24 hours that is flea jumps on cat takes 24 hours for product to kill it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now