Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for Moses basket cover

(10 Posts)
DimlowChips Fri 30-Oct-15 22:09:29

Good evening everyone! I have attached a photo to illustrate the reason for my post.

DC1 due in a few weeks and I would love any recommendations for a cat net, or alternative advice, to keep the moggy out of the basket please. Feel free to tell me to MTFU about shutting the door to keep her out of our room at night....

Mincepies76 Fri 30-Oct-15 23:05:10

I haven't had a baby for 8 years so there may be something out there now to cover the basket but I would keep the cat out of where the baby is sleeping...especially if you are sleeping too! Cat will get over it and still love you smile

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 31-Oct-15 08:00:44

Same as mincepies here, it was a while ago! I remember thinking about when I was first pregnant but once my first was born, just shutting the door. I also remember the cat wanting to have nothing to do with the baby once she was here so I stopped worrying.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 31-Oct-15 09:12:08

Well the baby might hate the moses basket so the cat could have it down stairs and you all sleep upstairs.

Sparklingbrook Sat 31-Oct-15 09:19:47

We had a cat and a Moses basket. We had it on a stand. We didn't get the Moses basket out until the baby arrived so the cat had never seen it minus a very squawky baby, and never went near it after.

mintbiscuit Sat 31-Oct-15 09:21:01

Well the baby might hate the moses basket so the cat could have it

This is what happened to me. grin

susurration Sat 31-Oct-15 21:13:51

You can get cat/ mosquto nets from mothercare, about £5.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 31-Oct-15 22:02:19

Insect nets worked perfectly 11 years ago.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 31-Oct-15 22:04:12

Oh yes cats moved out whilst DD was in with us, as soon as DD could roll over I gave in and the beautiful moggy girl moved in a slept with her every night till the moggy crossed the rainbow bridge.

Lunastarfish Sat 31-Oct-15 22:13:42

Mothercare has a cat net. I bought it for our crib but it was too small but I'd ex it would fit a moses basket.

My cat doesn't want anything to do with my dd but he does love her crib. I hate him being in the crib and find it easier just to make sure the bedroom door is kept closed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now