Talk

Advanced search

I met a remarkable cat today!

(2 Posts)
stopfaffing Tue 27-Oct-15 16:25:51

I work in a school as a support assistant and earlier last week noticed a cat in the playground, just before the bell went for the start of school. He was wandering round quite happily with his tail in the air, not at all fazed by a busy playground full of primary aged children running, shouting and crowding around him. When the bell went he stood near the door, obviously wanting to go in with everyone.

He was been back regularly ever since and this week, on one occasion at playtime I picked him up and placed him outside the gate. He merely squeezed himself under the fence (small gap) and carried on wandering round, liking the attention of the children.

We've found out his name and where he lives (just moved here recently from another village where he was well known by the locals).

It seems we have been adopted smile. My question is, do any of you cat-loving mnetters have similar experinces with remarkable un-cat-like cats? I would love to hear about them.

Incidentally, I have two cats who follow me everywhere but I don't believe they would ever come into a busy playground.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 27-Oct-15 17:51:33

There is a pet shop in my town which has a cat who arrived every morning for opening and leaves at 5.30pm prompt each day. He supervises the store from whichever bed he deems suitable for that day. He only 'works' Monday to Friday and never comes on a Saturday or Sunday.
Using a paper collar the store located his owners who are now aware that he has two sets of staff working for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now