Talk

Advanced search

How do you keep the cats out of each others food?

(5 Posts)
Skullyton Sat 17-Oct-15 12:08:59

I have an 18mo cat and a 9wk old kitten. They keep eating each others kibble, i wouldnt mind so much, but the kitten is on an expensive Royal Canin mother/baby food right now, mixed with the kitten food, and my older cat is on cheap whiskers, lol.

The main issue is i'm trying to monitor what the little one is eating to make sure he's getting enough and every time i turn around, Skullycat has her nose in Skullykittens kibble, even if i feed them together!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 17-Oct-15 20:56:57

We used to feed one on the worktop and one on the floor. Your kibble never tastes as good as the other cats kibble though.

hiddenhome2 Sat 17-Oct-15 21:03:35

Tell me about it, it's a daily struggle for me to monitor what's going on confused

I have one on a diet, one who's probably needing to be on a diet and one who needs fattening up. I've practically given up trying to supervise them.

Just shut them in different rooms if you can. Remove any food that you don't want the other one to eat.

isseywithcats Fri 23-Oct-15 20:06:28

not surprised the older one is going after the royal canin most cats love it, to be quite honest my mob are not keen on whiskas biscuits maybe try the older one on a better quality but not too pricey biscuit like harringtons which is no wheat, chicken and rice and £4 for a 2kgs bag in asda so not that much more than the whiskas and you might find she wont go for kittens biscuits

yeOldeTrout Fri 23-Oct-15 20:42:11

separate rooms if you must.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: