Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Finally got my own cat! (Photo)

(35 Posts)
LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Thu 01-Oct-15 14:17:53

Hello y'all!

You might recognise me from 2 threads in AIBU where I was agonising about getting a cat (due to working hours) and then which of 2 on a shortlist.

Well, here she is: Kenzo, age 9. She has settled in like a DREAM! We have had our first night together and it's all perfect!

She wants to say hello and thank you in advance for answering mummy's questions!

MrsMummyPig Thu 01-Oct-15 14:37:23

Congratulations!
She's beautiful and has such a lovely name.

ShowOfHands Thu 01-Oct-15 14:41:21

Oh she is a very handsome girl. Love her markings.

RainbowFlutterby Thu 01-Oct-15 14:45:45

Awwww... she's beautiful!

Congratulations grin

Dollyemi Thu 01-Oct-15 14:50:05

Yay, thanks for the update, she looks lovely

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 01-Oct-15 15:19:09

Oh she is a gorgeous little girl. I hope you enjoy owning her.

LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Thu 01-Oct-15 15:28:13

Thanks guys - I wasn't crazy about the name but she seems to recognise it so won't bother changing it.

<puts away Word Document being alphabetical list of favourite cat names compiled over many years>

grin

MissMarpleCat Thu 01-Oct-15 16:09:13

She's beautiful, congratulations smile

cozietoesie Thu 01-Oct-15 16:37:57

Great girl. smile

PestoSwimissimos Thu 01-Oct-15 16:46:22

She's luffly smile

Whyareyouevenhere Thu 01-Oct-15 16:46:43

N'awwwwww smile

Glad Kenzo has found a new slave human

littleladyluna Thu 01-Oct-15 18:31:46

Gorgeous smile

isseywithcats Thu 01-Oct-15 19:29:49

awww lovely shes georgous xxx

LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Thu 01-Oct-15 19:37:16

Cozie - "great girl" - me or the cat?!

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 01-Oct-15 20:14:58

Oh a tortie, she's absolutely gorgeous.

Beautiful!

NantucketNightbird Thu 01-Oct-15 21:05:10

She is lovely. I would love a rescue cat or five but they won't consider me because I already have 3 cats a dog and a house rabbit (who thinks he's a cat). But I have room and lots of love for many more cats. I live in hope of another stray moving in grin

LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Thu 01-Oct-15 22:08:30

grin @ Nan - you should become a cat burglar (lol) and liberate some from your local centre!

thecatneuterer Fri 02-Oct-15 06:05:57

Nantucket - that certainly wouldn't stop us giving you another cat or ten. They would need to be fairly brave around dogs, but that would be the only, very small, problem. In fact pm me your address and I'll get a box full couriered over to you ...

OP - lovely cat. I'm glad she seems to settling in well.

NantucketNightbird Fri 02-Oct-15 06:50:11

The dog is a 5 month old Labrador who has taken quite the beating from the cats she is absolutely terrified of any cats now when out on walks. They chase her around the garden. Plus the dog isn't allowed upstairs and only in the living room when supervised so the cats have the run of the house and the beds upstairs. My garden backs onto woods but the only rescue in my county won't consider me. Such a shame as there are so many cats 9 years + waiting for a home and that's what I'm willing to take sad

NantucketNightbird Fri 02-Oct-15 06:50:50

Sorry to take over your thread!

MissMarpleCat Fri 02-Oct-15 10:48:36

Nan that's ridiculous. Have you tried all your local vets? I've rehomed directly from one, all they care about is a dedicated cat lover smile

NantucketNightbird Fri 02-Oct-15 10:54:51

I hadn't thought of that and I'm not on Facebook. I will leave my details. My last cat was a stray young ginger tom who I neutered soon as he was settled. He sleeps in my bed every night grin I just feel like I have the room, money and love for so many more cats especially older ones.

MissMarpleCat Fri 02-Oct-15 11:10:55

If you register your interest at the vets I'm sure you'll soon have a new cat. My latest cat was from a litter of abandoned kittens, my friend took on an adult Bengal from the same vet. They try to rehome rather than use rspca as they know who are responsible cat lovers. Both my friend and I already had 3 cats each, so they were sure of our feline dedication grin.
Good luck smile

LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Fri 02-Oct-15 14:07:48

That's ok, Nan, i'd be delighted if my thread led to another happy union!
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now