Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Missing pusscat

(30 Posts)
jessieb887 Tue 08-Sep-15 18:36:46

Hi my puss cat decided to vanish on Thursday evening last week and no one has seen her since. We've rung all the relevant people, but that's no help to my 3 year old son who is absolutely heartbroken that she's not here! What can I do other than tell him she's on an adventure and is really enjoying herself, which isn't really helping?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 08-Sep-15 19:46:37

I am sorry, you must be so worried for her. Have you done leaflets? they seem to be very effective.

I would keep walking around the neighbourhood calling for her if you can.

jessieb887 Tue 08-Sep-15 21:03:10

We've done posters and been knocking on doors, my mum wrote a letter from her saying that she was enjoying her adventure but it upset him more sad

fatbottomgirl67 Tue 08-Sep-15 21:06:29

I know it's hard but try not to worry. Mine returned today after a 2 week 'wander' . We were worried sick and thought the worst then he just ambled in this morning. Fingers crossed your does the same

Rarity08 Tue 08-Sep-15 21:12:56

Keeping fingers crossed for you op.

hiddenhome2 Thu 10-Sep-15 15:15:11

Put some smelly food out every night on your doorstep. Whiskers pouches are good. Mine came back after six days earlier on this year. Don't give up.

jessieb887 Thu 10-Sep-15 17:42:18

Thanks still no sign, and it's been a week now, I can't help but think the worst. How long do you think you leave it before you think about another? Sounds awful but my son is devastated so though another would be a distraction. Also my other cat is missing his play mate so maybe it would help him too??
Really don't know what to do, feel like I'm being disloyal to my first fur baby!

thatscottishbiscuit Thu 10-Sep-15 23:19:32

I really hope she turns up. Mine is missing too

hiddenhome2 Fri 11-Sep-15 10:12:57

They can turn up weeks and months later, so it's difficult to know what to do. I did get FatCat as a kitten a few weeks after boy cat went missing. That was over two years ago now and she's a lovely cat and has helped me deal with the pain of him going.

jessieb887 Sat 12-Sep-15 16:13:15

Hiddenhome2 it really is I just can't decide if I even want to replace her but my other cat is really miserable and so is my son so was thinking it would be a welcome distraction for them but not sure i want 3 cats if she was to come home.

hiddenhome2 Sun 13-Sep-15 19:56:23

Give it a bit longer, but three cats is fine.

jessieb887 Sun 13-Sep-15 22:40:25

The farm my brother works on has got kittens that won't be ready to leave for another 6-7 weeks, I just hope his boss could let me pick one but pull out last minute if my beautiful tink came home. We had our first call today about her too I was really hoping it was her, the lady seemed really positive she'd found my baby but it wasnt her tho! sad so back to square one x

MartyrStewart Sun 13-Sep-15 22:46:04

No advice, just wanted to say how sorry I am and I hope she turns up safe.

jessieb887 Mon 14-Sep-15 22:49:28

Thanks, it's horrible not knowing what's happened to her, my other cat is so lonely, he doesn't even like going outdoors much anymore chooses to stay in and sit in my bedroom window or hide under my bed sad

QOD Mon 14-Sep-15 22:51:01

sad

jessieb887 Fri 18-Sep-15 18:59:59

Well we got our closure yesterday my baby was found unfortunately she had passed away, she had hidden her self away round the back of our garden fence, our neighbours little girl found her. She's now at peace where it all began we took her home. Very upset and angry that she was so close and I couldn't do anything to help her.
On a plus we have been an chosen a new friend for my son who was absolutely heartbroken.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 18-Sep-15 19:26:25

Oh that's awful for you. You know but it's cold comfort.

I'm so sorry.

timtam23 Fri 18-Sep-15 22:28:27

So sorry jessie
RIP little cat flowers

duckfilledfattypuss Fri 18-Sep-15 22:51:00

So sorry jessie, your poor little boy sad

RIP pusscat flowers

hiddenhome2 Sat 19-Sep-15 19:51:38

So sorry about your kitty flowers

jessieb887 Wed 23-Sep-15 00:40:57

Thank so, I'm slowly getting there I'm still absolutely gutted but the years seem to be subsiding now. My little lad is still upset I just have to change the conversation and not talk about her. Thanks again

Wearyheadedlady Wed 23-Sep-15 01:18:37

I'm so sorry this happened Jessie. I had heard about cats going to find a quiet place to die alone. Its very sad.

MissMarpleCat Wed 23-Sep-15 01:48:39

flowerssad poor kitty

hiddenhome2 Wed 23-Sep-15 16:27:45

Get yourself another kitty. Go to a rescue. It does help you heal and there are so many cats in need of a loving home.

Justgetknitting Thu 24-Sep-15 16:20:55

that's so sad, I was hoping for a happy ending but I am glad you had your closure as it's so important - I am so sorry to hear this xx hugs to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now