Our new arrivals are due any minute <squeals>

(32 Posts)
MrsHathaway Tue 25-Aug-15 15:09:43

All three DC are on the front room window ledge with their noses against the glass waiting for "the lady" to arrive with two b&w adolescent boys (strictly not kittens otherwise we couldn't have had them).

Tray has been filled with litter. Food bowls are full of the brands they're used to. Water bowl full. Box and blanket casually abandoned on likely ledge above sofa.

DC2 keeps shrieking every time there's a car.

[wets self]

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 25-Aug-15 15:22:16

Excited!!! grin

thecatneuterer Tue 25-Aug-15 15:36:20

How exciting. Try to make sure the children don't do the shrieking when the cats actually arrive - it doesn't generally make for a calming atmosphere.

You know of course that photos are compulsory ....

timtam23 Tue 25-Aug-15 15:36:47

Wonderful! Don't forget the photos grin

Northumberlandlass Tue 25-Aug-15 15:43:55

Squee.
Looking forward to pics!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 25-Aug-15 15:54:09

All this new cat stuff is definitely cheering up a soggy day grin

Rarity08 Tue 25-Aug-15 16:08:59

Exciting! (Stands in queue patiently awaiting pictures) grin

MrsHathaway Tue 25-Aug-15 16:34:23

Older children calmed down enough; toddler exercised hitherto-unknown screeching skills blush

More timid cat found a hiding place and retreated. Braver cat ate and came for strokes and cuddles but after about an hour found a quiet place. We have left the room (glass doors) to give them a chance to explore without us.

I'll try to find photos without the DC in. .. A bit fuzzy sorry. I also can't work out how to rotate them (they show the right way up in the album).

Rarity08 Tue 25-Aug-15 16:38:03

Awww, they're adorable smile

Toughasoldboots Tue 25-Aug-15 16:39:58

That looks pretty successful so far. I love black and white cats, naughty and beautiful.

MrsHathaway Tue 25-Aug-15 16:44:09

Golly they're good jumpers - brave cat jumped on to the hob repeatedly.

Can hear someone mewing through the door but when I go to check they're still hiding. I'm guessing they're talking to each other. They are litter mates who have always been kept together, and they're in separate hiding places.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 25-Aug-15 16:45:42

Adorable!

acatcalledjohn Tue 25-Aug-15 16:58:18

How cute!

OTheHugeManatee Tue 25-Aug-15 17:11:25

Keep the photos coming! I love a kitten thread smile

Ours arrived two years ago last January. They were rescue kittens born to a feral mum so very very shy to begin with but as I type this one of them is asleep on the bed next to me and the other one is wandering around the house yelling.

They chatted to one another all the time too, still do.

timtam23 Tue 25-Aug-15 17:33:32

They are lovely!

MrsHathaway Tue 25-Aug-15 18:23:15

I'll quickly run out of images, and i know they're crap from phone, but...

Timid hiding by the recipe books; brave investigating pasta dropped by toddler.

MrsHathaway Tue 25-Aug-15 18:24:28

Brave had a period of actual proper motorbike purring before [proud]

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 25-Aug-15 19:48:12

Love the pasta picture smile

VelmaD Tue 25-Aug-15 20:46:09

They are gorgeous!! Love a black and White kitty!

Rarity08 Tue 25-Aug-15 20:50:59

I've had 3 black and white cats, they've all been full of mischieve with big personalities. I bet the dc's are thrilled smile

MrsHathaway Tue 25-Aug-15 21:13:16

Yes the children are beside themselves.

I have been sitting on the sofa with the radio on. Timid had moved from his kitchen hiding place to underneath said sofa, but came out about half an hour ago and they have been exploring together including the litter tray thank fuck. Timid even climbed up on my knee because I had the Dreamies grin and Brave has been kicking the shit out of a felt mouse thing.

Timid is now sitting next to me in the sofa licking his legs. Brave is on the window ledge behind us getting ready to pounce on the corner of the rug.

I We decided to give them Fin de Siecle posho names because they look like they're dressed for a night at a smart gentlemen's club. Hence they are Montgomery (Monty) and Beauregarde (Beau).

They are now fighting over the mouse.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 25-Aug-15 21:15:40

Ver grand names! Nice to hear that they are totally settling in

VelmaD Tue 25-Aug-15 21:20:57

Brilliant names! One of ours is Sockington to give his full name, as he too looks very well to do :-)

MrsHathaway Tue 25-Aug-15 21:43:40

They're kind of snuggled up together now. Possibly asleep. I daren't get up to check in case I disturb them, but I need a wee.

Aaaah... <penny drops> This is why people said it would be like having a newborn.

MrsHathaway Tue 25-Aug-15 21:45:12

Wrong one. Monty is the asleep one (upthread Brave) and Beau is on point (upthread Timid).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now