Talk

Advanced search

Cat just returned after being missing

(8 Posts)
Eternalsunshines Sun 16-Aug-15 12:00:21

My lovely cat went missing about 8 days ago, my DH thought he had spotted her a few times so thought maybe someone else was feeding her and she would be back soon (you know how fickle they can be).

Then yesterday I opened the door to feed my other cat and I couldn't believe my eyes, one very skinny cat had returned and it was her! She has a small cut on her leg which has scabbed over but no other wounds which leads me to believe she might have been stuck in someone's shed?

She seems well and in good spirits and generally happy to be home.

My question is, do I need to take her to the vet or just gently feed her back to her former self? She has no wounds just very skinny.

code Sun 16-Aug-15 12:37:57

Phew! What a relief. I guess I'd keep a close eye on her and see how she eats and poos. Glad she is back!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 16-Aug-15 18:39:50

If she eating etc I'd just carry on as usual. I wonder if she will stick close to home now.

LavenderRain Sun 16-Aug-15 20:10:48

Our cat went missing for 9 days, 10 years ago. We had only had him for 8 months and I was devastated,

He came back early one morning after 9 days, he was starving and very timid. He was scared at the noise of jangling keys (still is)
He stayed very close to me for about a week afterwards and wanted lots of cuddles smile

I would keep an eye on her for a few days, let her eat little and often. I'm sure she will be fine thanks

Jackie0 Sun 16-Aug-15 20:14:02

Oh my goodness what a brilliant outcome , you must be so relieved .
If she is eating and drinking okay I'd just keep an eye on her. Watch that leg doesnt look infected or anything.
Lots of cuddles needed wink

timtam23 Sun 16-Aug-15 20:28:10

I agree with the others I would just keep an eye on her, she's probably feeling safe again in her familiar environment, just make sure she's eating & drinking on.

My cat went missing for 3 days last year and some years ago another of my cats went missing for a week and a half, neither needed a vet visit - just cleaning up & a good feed

Eternalsunshines Sun 16-Aug-15 21:41:29

Thanks everyone I really had resigned myself to letting her go and was so pleased // surprised to see her again.

Today she has cuddled up me & dh and even the children! She's eating well, have cleaned her eyes and gave her a brush she's looking great just still very thin. Once the initial feeding routine is back to normal I'm going to be fattening her up a little!

TheBuffyBot Sun 16-Aug-15 21:52:06

Oh what a relief to have her home!
Our girl went missing for 2 weeks I was devastated and thought the worse then one morning, much like you did I opened the door and in she came! Very thin and bedraggled but otherwise ok.
We rang the vet who said to take her up and they checked her over and if I remember rightly wormed her in case she eaten something nasty. She was very clingy for a while and lapped up the attention ...then soon went back to her grumpy self grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now