Talk

Advanced search

Bloody buggering arse! New cat has escaped :(

(17 Posts)
AbandonShark Tue 11-Aug-15 20:47:19

He of the poorly tail has sneaked out of an upstairs window sad

I'd opened the window in his room as it was boiling, shut the door behind me but it can't have latched properly as there is now no cat in the house. We've checked everywhere and can't find him the house, so presume he climbed out to the ledge, jumped down on a porch and jumped to the ground. All in his buster collar!

I feel so guilty! He's only been with us 10 days, so he's out well before he's meant to be. I've been out in the neighbourhood for an hour shaking cat biscuits and calling him, but no sign. Extra worried because of his tail pain and that he still needs medication.

Will he be able to find home again after such a short time with us?

thecatneuterer Tue 11-Aug-15 20:51:54

Oh god. This happens remarkably often and windows are nearly always to blame. Don't panic though. Ten days is quite a while and I'm sure he'll be back soon. You need to leave food outside (although that's difficult at night as the foxes eat it).

The main worry is his buster collar as he could easily get stuck somewhere. I think you need to put notes out with all the neighbours tomorrow explaining that he could be stuck somewhere with his collar and can they all please have a thorough look in their gardens.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 11-Aug-15 20:52:38

Possibly. Long night for you though.

cozietoesie Tue 11-Aug-15 20:57:16

Get DH to go out and call. (Isn't he a bit of a Daddy's Boy?)

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Tue 11-Aug-15 20:58:13

Hope he comes home soon.

AbandonShark Tue 11-Aug-15 21:10:54

He's back!! Clever boy grin So relieved! We spotted him sitting on the neighbour's doorstep and tempted him in with biscuits smile

He's very wide eyed and his buster collar was covered on grass and squished insects so looks like he had a good adventure.

I'm off for a stiff wine !

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 11-Aug-15 21:12:29

Possibly the shortest missing cat thread ever. Glad he's come home.

thecatneuterer Tue 11-Aug-15 21:12:37

Oh what a relief. Cats are supposed to lower blood pressure you know. Not in my experience.

thecatneuterer Tue 11-Aug-15 21:13:17

Ha ha Fluffy. I think it probably does break some sort of recordsmile

cozietoesie Tue 11-Aug-15 21:14:00

Yay! grin

Praise DH. (Even if he did nothing - a good bonding opportunity should never be wasted.)

AbandonShark Tue 11-Aug-15 21:16:17

Sorry. . I feel like that was the shortest cat escape in history! Youu would think he could've at least mentioned he was off for a quick stroll or to sniff the cat next door's bum and saved me the worry!

Next time round I'm ^ definitely^ getting a talking cat!

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Tue 11-Aug-15 21:17:56

www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=284&pf_id=67269&utm_source=ShoppingFeed&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CNjevKnsoccCFQVuGwodiBMMUA

Would this help to prevent this happening again.

Enjoy your drink.

chickenfuckingpox Tue 11-Aug-15 21:19:06

when mine got out of an upstairs window he sat there and waited for me to go outside and collect him lazy arse

glad he is home safe x

DownAtFraggleRock Tue 11-Aug-15 21:26:42

speaking of let-down lost cat tales...

we lost our cat once - searched the house high and low, and no sign of her outside. They don't go out at night (we're not in the UK) but she had been out earlier so figured she'd got out... poor DH out looking till about 1am.

after a sleepless night...still no sign, so we searched again and found her in a storage room in the basement that we'd looked in 3 times the night before.

I opened the door and she just sat there, looking at me...hmm

AbandonShark Tue 11-Aug-15 21:41:04

Haha, x-post with fluffy grin

Given that he just got in a fight with his tail has has bitten it badly (again!) leaving blood all over the windowsill, I don't think there's any chance of my blood pressure going down for a long time!

He let me clean it up and put a (big human) plaster on it, all cool as a cucumber while I was panicking, little bugger.

Fraggle typical cat. Chapter 3, "How to Make Your Human Feel Confused and Foolish" grin

Archfarchnad Wed 12-Aug-15 11:03:52

Oh god, this happened to us after two weeks with Archcat, who HATED being kept in during the initial period. He slipped through a door that was meant to be kept shut, and into a room with a tiny window leaning open which he somehow escaped from (big cat, small gap). I spent half an hour sobbing to the family that I couldn't even keep a cat safe for more than a fortnight and would have to fess up to the shelter, and and and. He strolled back after an hour, very pleased with himself. He's been with us a year now and actually is seldom away from the house for more than two hours, so he's actually something of a homebody - but he likes the freedom to decide. But you've got the added problem of the poorly tail too.

Chapter 3, "How to Make Your Human Feel Confused and Foolish" So what are chapters 1 and 2?

StayWithMe Wed 12-Aug-15 11:12:50

Brilliant. grin At least you know he likes his home.

I was unable to take the cats to the vets for their boosters so the vet came to my house. Couldn't find cat number six. Looked every where with the kids. All other cats had theirs and we still couldn't find cat six. We thought he must have escaped. As the vet was driving out of the gate, number six strolled out of the cupboard under the stairs. It was jam packed full of stuff! I have no idea how the little bastard darling squeezed in there. Ended up having to take him to the vet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now