Talk

Advanced search

Cattery tomorrow.. :(

(6 Posts)

We are off camping for a week so the cats are booked into our local cattery for 9 days. Portia is used to it (I'm hiding her basket til the last moment) but Obie and Ophie have never been before. Obie I'm not too worried about being the bolshy lad he is, but Ophie is very timid, a total home girl and I think it will be hard for her. Would it be a good idea to send her 'blankie' (she paddles it every night) with her or would she then associate it with the cattery and being left?

Any other suggestions welcomed!

lostindubai Tue 11-Aug-15 05:23:40

Yes send them with things from home. Are they all going in the same pen? That should help (as long as they all get along).

Cattery guilt is a common thing - recently had it myself! But at least they're safe and secure, fed and watered. The new cattery I use is expensive but they guarantee a half hour a day of play/fuss time which helps me feel better!

pilates Tue 11-Aug-15 12:48:58

Yes blanket and toys. I know how you are feeling, I cried my eyes out dropping my 9 month old kitten off but as lostindubai said at least they will be safe. Last day of our holiday today so we will be picking her up tomorrow morning and I can't wait. We have had a fab holiday but both me and DH have missed her so much.

MadauntofA Tue 11-Aug-15 20:30:26

Just picked our 1 yr old up from his 1st cattery stay - he hasn't stopped "talking" at us, demanding cuddles, and doesn't seem too unhappy with us as we have already had half a bird and a mouse as presents!

MadauntofA Tue 11-Aug-15 20:32:18

Meant to mention - we sent him with his blanket in his cat box as that was left in the pen for him to go into if he wanted. I'm sure your little ones will get attention and be fine.

pilates Wed 12-Aug-15 19:36:20

Picked my little darling up and she seemed delighted to see us. She looked well and happy and they enjoyed having her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now