Talk

Advanced search

Kittens DO sleep a lot don't they (neurotic new cat owner)

(6 Posts)
Jennifersrabbit Mon 10-Aug-15 15:31:26

We have just taken ownership of a delightful four month old kitten - or I should probably say he has moved in and given instructions to the staff. He is eating, drinking and pooing to order, purring like a steam engine and coping incredibly well with the adoring attention of 2 DCs (supervised as needed I hasten to add!)

When he's not doing any of the above or exploring the house with vim he does spend quite a lot of time spark out - currently on top of my bookshelf completely ignoring the fancy cat bed provided smile

That IS normal isn't it? Reassure a neurotic one who is getting back into practice with cat ownership and hasn't had a kitten since 1992 smile

gamerchick Mon 10-Aug-15 15:32:27

Sounds about right to me.

Jennifersrabbit Mon 10-Aug-15 15:42:23

Thank you. I AM neurotic.

Also after years of managing small humans I think I expect small felines to need an equal amount of all day attention! grin.

Tinfoiled Mon 10-Aug-15 15:44:06

Yes they're babies and need lots of sleep. Someone will come and demand a photo in a minute wink.

Jennifersrabbit Mon 10-Aug-15 15:48:01

My human babies never got that memo somehow ...

I have pictures, just need one without identifying details in the background! Then I can join the pic sharing thread smile

LavenderRain Mon 10-Aug-15 18:20:11

We have a 9 week old kitten who runs around like a lunatic for half an hour then has 2 hours kip!
Enjoy her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now