Talk

Advanced search

How to stop cat wandering!

(3 Posts)
Hellohellohowareyou Mon 10-Aug-15 11:11:42

We have 3 cats, one has always been more of a wanderer than the others however it's starting to become a problem. He disappears to a wooded area near us which also has a hospice attached, I think the trouble started as the nurses and residents would feed him and fuss him lots. He spent a lot of time with the residents which I think is lovely and I hope helped make them feel happy during a horrible time. We have been assured that no staff members are feeding him however they cannot be sure that the residents family are not sneaking in treats for him. The hospice part isn't so much of a problem as they all know him and know where he lives etc. we can just pop over there and whistle and he will trot back home.

He has now started going slightly further afield to a business park area which is next to the hospice and has a lot of office blocks there, he has been known to jump through people's office windows confused. We are concerned as the car parks are so busy over there and there is a real risk of him getting knocked over.

He wears a collar asking not to feed him and also with his name, address and a contact number. He is also neutered and microchipped. I'm getting countless phone calls a week from people who have found him (which I appreciate) even though he would be able to make his way home.

I hope this all makes sense I have a newborn and a toddler and I'm slightly sleep deprived!

Any advice as to what we can do please?

msrisotto Mon 10-Aug-15 11:13:21

I think you've done as much as you can really! Sorry, maybe someone with more ideas will come along. Do you keep him in at night? That's the riskiest time for him.

Hellohellohowareyou Mon 10-Aug-15 11:18:31

We don't keep him in at night no, it would be difficult with our other 2 cats plus the area he goes to is deserted at night and all round us is quiet residential roads

He's just a big fuss pot who loves to be loved!!! He has just been chauffeur driven home by two lovely ladies who were concerned about him being over there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now