Talk

Advanced search

Anyone cancelled a holiday and claimed?

(4 Posts)
code Sun 09-Aug-15 00:11:25

Both cats have diarrhoea quite bad and we're meant to be going away Monday for 4 nights. Hotel says 48 hours notice needed (am just outside of that) so I guess worst case scenario we'll have to pay for 1 night. Have only paid small deposit. Took cats to OOH vets and given metronidazole need tablets twice a day and 3 days pooled stool specs (yuck).
Now pet plan (have highest cover) says £2k cancellation cover per cat for emergency life saving treatment. Do you think this will be classed as that? Cat had runs for a few days on and off and I took to vets today as became suddenly very bad despite starvation and prokolin. Obvs I'll speak to pet plan but wondered what people's experiences were. It's a bugger as we needed this break.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 09-Aug-15 07:26:53

I have helped a client with a successful claim when their dog dislocated it's shoulder.

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Sun 09-Aug-15 07:28:44

What were the plans otherwise for care of the cats whilst you were away?

code Sun 09-Aug-15 10:37:37

Thanks both. So typically diarrhoea has stopped! We're going again. Mum is staying at ours looking after them so we can always come back if it starts up again. They need twice daily tablets but I've seen they're not coated so I'll crush them in the food (mum wouldn't be able to administer tablets as I can barely do it alone). Fingers crossed!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now