Talk

Advanced search

Beautiful boy went to sleep today

(14 Posts)
NotJustAnyOldCat Wed 05-Aug-15 19:06:55

Little bits of him are everywhere. He is as much a part of this house as the floors and walls and for him not to be here is just wrong.
I can't put away his litter tray and bowls and water fountain and cushion and foam footballs and cardboard box and random cotton buds that he pushed down the stairs.
I can't bear the thought of going to bed tonight and not having the wind knocked out of me when he jumps up and starts padding my stomach.
And how can I have a shower tomorrow if he's not there having his own licky shower on the bathroom floor?
How can I make a coffee if he's not winding around my ankles kissing me good morning and demanding a pouch?
And how can I possibly come home from work to no little bear brrp brrp brrping his way down the stairs to welcome me home?
I miss you, wee buddy.

cozietoesie Wed 05-Aug-15 19:25:50

I'm so sorry, Not.

(Try if you can to put away his stuff though. In my own experience, it's better than having to face it all the next morning.)

ThisFenceIsComfy Wed 05-Aug-15 19:29:10

Oh dear I'm so sorry, I dread the day my beautiful girl goes flowers

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 05-Aug-15 19:31:32

I am so sorry, You did the right thing for him though. Much as it will pain you.

flowers

timtam23 Wed 05-Aug-15 19:57:56

That's very sad, so sorry OP flowers

WildwestWind Wed 05-Aug-15 21:22:07

Such a sad day. My gorgeous old lady was also put to sleep today so I know exactly how you are feeling tonight. You probably think I'm daft but I have this lovely vision of them together finally at rest.

susiedaisy Wed 05-Aug-15 21:47:03

So sorry for your loss op.

cozietoesie Wed 05-Aug-15 22:00:12

I'm sorry you also had to let your old girl go, Wild.

LittlePeasMummy1 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:05:18

Sorry to both of you, I know how it feels x

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Wed 05-Aug-15 22:12:52

I'm sorry for your loss.

You really need to sort out litter tray and food bowls < just empty and clean> then take your time with the rest.

Then put them away because I wish I didn't sell everything as I have now had to start from scratch again. It took me 16 months to gain to confidence to have a new kitten.

I'm sorry for the loss of your boy xx

cyclerunmum Thu 06-Aug-15 05:19:47

I am so sorry Not,

Although I haven't yet had to go through this as my old boy is 14, I dread it happening. It will take a long time but be gentle on yourself, they really are one of the family.

Sorry about your girl too wild

WildwestWind Thu 06-Aug-15 06:47:07

Good morning Not.
I imagine this morning you are feeling raw and that there is a huge gap where your boy ought to be. Be gentle with yourself.
piper, thanks for the good advice.

Callycatsy Thu 06-Aug-15 11:28:17

I'm so sorry. This happened to us a few weeks ago and I couldn't bear it. I cleared everything away the next day including all the cat food he sprayed up the paintwork because he was such a messy eater!

Two weeks later we went to our local animal shelter and gave a 10yr old tabby a forever home. It's helped to fill the enormous gap that our old boy left, its not a replacement, nothing could replace him but it's good to see our home and garden filled with love again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now