Talk

Advanced search

Scared of getting another kitten.

(8 Posts)
PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Mon 03-Aug-15 21:15:51

We had an amazing kitten named bella. We had her spaded and as a result of that it brought on acute liver failure. We had to have her PTS.

This was 16 months ago and we are going to give a kitten ( not ready yet) a new home.

Tell me everything thing is going to be ok as I couldn't bear loosing another kitten.

cozietoesie Mon 03-Aug-15 21:27:39

You can never be absolutely certain that everything will be OK, Piper - but that was appallingly unusual bad luck for her to have that problem. It should be fine.

(And so much fun!) smile

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Mon 03-Aug-15 21:41:30

I have booked a few weeks off work and looking forward to it really enjoyed bella and can't wait to give another kitty a loving home.

NomNomDePlum Mon 03-Aug-15 21:43:08

i have never heard of this happening, think it must be pretty unusual, but if you are worried, you could get a boy kitten

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Mon 03-Aug-15 22:19:45

We have a girl kitten

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Mon 03-Aug-15 22:24:21

The person I'm getting her from has done a home visit and will not hand over until everything that a kitten needs is at the home waiting

cozietoesie Mon 03-Aug-15 22:44:26

I'm sure you'll be fine. smile

Maybe tell/remind your vet at First Vacs that you lost a kit through GA 16 months ago and that you would appreciate being talked quickly through the op when she gets to 4 months old and can be spayed?

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Mon 03-Aug-15 22:51:14

That sounds good advice.

Going to use a different vet this time as I can't face going back to the one I used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now