We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal?

(7 Posts)
CocaKoala Mon 03-Aug-15 17:15:06

A couple weeks back (about 4-5) I added a kitten to my feline family. Oldest cat hated him with a vengeance while Cat2 seemed to get on with him. But now cat1 is tolerant to a point but will still lash out if kitten annoys him. And kitten is viciously attacking cat2.

Cat2 is a timid cat and is so docile. She will not fight back and instead cowers away. He keeps attacking and biting her. He's cut her face too. She gets no peace whatsoever. As soon as he sees her he attacks.

Is this normal kitten behaviour or is he being a bully and trying to push up the hierarchy?

cozietoesie Mon 03-Aug-15 18:16:02

A bit of both, I reckon - he's exuberant and pushy as kittens often are but she's letting him get away with it where a more assertive cat would biff him if he was really getting above himself. What age is he - and is he neutered yet?

CocaKoala Mon 03-Aug-15 18:47:04

He's 12 weeks so not neutered yet but will be as soon as he's old enough. I'm hoping it will calm him down a bit.

cozietoesie Mon 03-Aug-15 19:08:12

As soon as he hits that 4 months, I reckon.

CocaKoala Mon 03-Aug-15 19:11:37

Definitely Cozie, he's so wild. He's already knocked 2 vases over and I've lost count on how many piles of freshly folded washing have ended up on the floor.

cozietoesie Mon 03-Aug-15 19:26:54

One of the many things that I love about Siamese is that even as kittens, they're not so obviously 'full-on' as other cats, including your boy. (One part of their brain seems always to be focussed on whether they're looking elegant for their adoring public and whether their best profile is turned to the camera. grin)

Good luck with the three of them.

imabusybee Mon 03-Aug-15 22:06:54

Are you spending time playing with him and giving him lots of stuff to destroy (e.g. toilet rolls!)? It could be that he's bored and trying to get your other cat to play with him... misguidedly perhaps given the consequences! I'd also advise making sure you spend some special one on one time with your other cat to make sure she is happy and still feeling loved despite the feisty newcomer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now