Talk

Advanced search

one of my cats eyes is dilated.....

(4 Posts)
jeanswithatwist Sat 01-Aug-15 21:36:35

been away for a week, been home for a few hours and (only..) just noticed that one of my cats eyes is dialted whilst the other isn't. we had a cat sitter come in and look after her twice a day. cat (7 months old) seems really happy/full of beans. this has really freaked me out. i am sure i would have noticed this when we first came in the door a few hours ago, possibly not. now i can't stop looking at it. is this a normal thing or should i take her to the vet on monday, really freaked me out, thanks

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 01-Aug-15 22:09:31

If you ring the vets they will have a vet nurse manning the phones 24/7 so you can ask if it's urgent or not.

It's not normal is it?.

Toomuch2young Sat 01-Aug-15 22:14:42

Ring the vets as PP said.
It can be a sign of trauma (does she go out? Are her nails scuffed?)
Can have many other causes as well. Hope she's ok.

jeanswithatwist Sat 01-Aug-15 23:10:58

thanks for your responses. it seems to have gone back to normal so will keep an eye on it and definately take her to the vet if it happens again (i will be working tomorrow but dh and dd have strict instructions to let me know if it happens again). she seems super fine, running around, eating, very affectionate. she did go out in the garden briefly when i was watering it (as have been away, she wasn't allowed out by the cat sitter when we were away) so possibly something then? the cat sitter left me some flowers in a vase (no lillies...), the cat was sniffing them, possibly a reaciton or something. i don't want to drive myself nuts analysing it but am more than thrilled that (for now) it looks normal again. it is like having a nothing child, i worry about her constantly but that is because i love her so much, really missed her when i was away (didn't really want to go)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now