Talk

Advanced search

Bloody cat has eaten polystyrene - vet?

(13 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Thu 30-Jul-15 11:30:25

Polystyrene protective packaging: I've just taken delivery and have been unwrapping some new chairs, the sheets of ploystyrene have been breaking bits off while doing so.

Went downstairs to get rid of the first lot of cardboard, I've come back up to hear weird crunching sounds and stupid BertCat has just crunched up and swallowed some of the bits.

I've managed to pull some of it out of her mouth, but there was definitely some swallowed.

Vet, here we come?

On a side note, I love my new chairs.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-Jul-15 11:51:59

If it was small enough to swallow wouldn't it pass through unchanged?.

I'd ring them anyway for advice.

cozietoesie Thu 30-Jul-15 12:00:00

I don't think it's particularly toxic (depending on what it's been coated with) but it might just cause an obstruction if it was in big enouh pieces. I'd agree - give the vet a quick buzz.

Oh - and just for Fluffy.

cat

MrsBertMacklin Thu 30-Jul-15 12:15:18

Thank you, Yes, I was panicking - it will deal with itself in the end.

RubbishMantra Thu 30-Jul-15 18:44:30

My cats love that packaging stuff that looks like polystyrene. It's made of potato starch and cats seem to find it irresistible. The potato starch one dissolves when you lick it. (don't ask how I know this grin)

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-Jul-15 19:40:04

How do you know that? grin

Asbo cant even be bothered to jump into boxes sometimes. I have to lay them on their side for inspection.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-Jul-15 21:15:58

That poor ginger boy only has 3 legs, I think youd buy in polystyrene for a three leg cat.

Reminds me of asbo when he got hold of the loo rolls.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-Jul-15 21:19:00

It looks a bit bengal-y but the tip of it's tail isn't black, maybe he is a cross breed.

cozietoesie Thu 30-Jul-15 21:23:15

He's a Bengal, apparently. (That's why I posted it. I was thinking of my favourite picture - ASBO with the (ex) loo roll.)

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-Jul-15 21:35:17

He moves like a bengal and he's making lots of mess.

It should be a breed characteristic, along with bolshy.

cozietoesie Thu 30-Jul-15 21:39:07

A dark tail tip is the breed standard, isn't it? I just think that he hasn't, either, quite got the 'OK - you may have caught me out but I could still take you any time I wanted' glint in the eyes that ASBO has.

I think we need the photo to compare. grin

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-Jul-15 21:42:46

He looks young to me. I haven't got any new photos.

He's out, I saw him square up to a Alsation type dog tonight and follow it up the road while the owners walked off.

hmm

cozietoesie Thu 30-Jul-15 21:44:36

Poor dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now